21 years and a crazy 24 hours

I honestly can't remember how I got mine in '98. I was a season ticket holder like so definitely didn't have to camp out. '92 cup final on the other hand was a bastard nightmare.

our season tickets back then would have lettered vouches in the back for away games etc, you'd have to send in whatever letter they assigned by post
We had the same. Nee doubt me dad'll still have ours somewhere. He still uses the plastic wallets for our last paper season tickets for his and me brother's season cards.

21 years ago is the (1st) Charlton Play-off game 1998 that's which sale the OP refers to.

You're on about Liverpool which wad 27 years ago.
Ah my apologies. I don't remember queuing for Charlton but that's probably because I learnt my lesson and got my season ticket in 93 :) .

Sorry didn’t know. Edit got mixed up with Liverpool 92 tkts here but the tkt office shambles is still relevant so I’ll leave it in.
I got mine from safc when Liverpool refused to sell restricted view tkts and the FA and they sent em out to safc who did. Problem was it was so late in the day that safc never realised they were for the Liverpool end. One of the rsj columns was restricting the view of the goal......exactly as it was for the bemused scousers either side of me. There were also safc fans in the seat in front of me and behind me who’d acquired them in a similar way from safc.
It's me that needs to apologise....I was talking about Liverpool when the OP and you were talking about Charlton. However, going back to 92 it was probably me around you in the Liverpool end with my white and blue away top on (which I can just about still fit into not it is retro :) ).

Last edited:
I was only 9 at the time but remember my Mam, Dad, Auntie and Uncle camping out for them.

Meant to have been class, cans and footy in the car park etc
In 92 I remember going to 3 games in a week and got vouchers which went into a lottery , the semi final ticket allocation was a bit different !!

Back