21 years ago, a Sunday away day cracker.... as WBA

Luna17

Winger
..... are put to the sword after leading 2 nil thru that twat Lee Hughes with his annoying dance.

A h/t rocket from Saxo obvly got the lads going and we came blazing back culminating in Bally blasting a late winner.

Scenes in the Ivy House man
!!!!

Don't recall who got the other 2.

:lol: I watched it in a pub in Wath, going on like a complete loon all by myself when Bally scored. I’d been to watch Sheff Utd v Barnsley the day before in the pissing down rain :cry:.

Was there with my best mate, was telling him at half time that I had read somewhere odds on a comeback win from 2-0 was something like 200-1. Shame there was no online betting back then.

Limbs everywhere when Bally hit the winner

Was a strange one this for me, my mate knew an old bloke who went to away games and could get us to the game via train for a fiver each because of some pass he had. So off I went as a 14 year old with my even younger mate and some 70 year old bloke I’d never met who promised to get me to the game and back for a fiver and me ma let me gan hahaha, different times even back then.

Watched the first half in the old Sloanes snooker club and the second half in Chaplins and was convinced it was the change of venue that swung it for us, I watched the next few televised Sunderland matches in there :lol:
Chaplins was rammed and the back of my shirt took a full pint of diesel when Bally scored.
Can't believe that was 21 years ago.

Was a strange one this for me, my mate knew an old bloke who went to away games and could get us to the game via train for a fiver each because of some pass he had. So off I went as a 14 year old with my even younger mate and some 70 year old bloke I’d never met who promised to get me to the game and back for a fiver and me ma let me gan hahaha, different times even back then.

Indeed that mate! But still what an adventure!

Mad how some games stick in your head for reasons other than football.

we were in blackpool at pontins but I was pissed off cos coach left at ht. watched shit first half in the bar,got on the coach with a shityellow radio Id won on the donkey derby.Smashed it in half as it was fecking useless so coildnt listen to second half. No mobiles. Rang me dad from scotch corner to hear we’d won, couldnt believe it!

As you say, times have changed. Mind you could easily have ended up down the arsenal instead!:lol:

Last edited:

Back