2022 Cycling Thread

Cavendish not in TDF( nor is Alaphillipe)
A lot of pressure on Jakobsen with that team as its either sprints or luck with breakaway for wins, with the classic season the team had they need a good Tour. Hopefully he can get a stage win in the first 3 days otherwise he'll have some pressure mount on him until the next flat stage at 13.

Feel for Cav, I really do. I know it’s a cut-throat world, but he’s done everything he could have.

I read his book and you can tell how much Le Tour means to him, I hope he gets one more shot.

Cavendish not in TDF( nor is Alaphillipe)
just reading cav's instagram post (won't display here), suggests he found out himself via social media that he wasnt in the team... or had it confirmed via social media.

i had always assumed he wasnt doing the tour, i thought it has been decided a long time ago but then wondered if the recent speculation was due to alaphillipe's injuries to likely keep him out... musnt have made much difference in the end.

long rumoured news that Shinano 105 going DI2….the price however :lol::eek:

As article says whats the point of Ultegra ?
Only Tiara for those wanting mechanical shifting ( not including Claris etc)
Last year I bought a new pair of 10 speed Campag Chorus shifter bodies for my summer road bike while they were still available. I reckon that should keep them going longer than me now 😎

aye, looks like 105 has stopped being the 'groupset of the people' (no matter how many time GCN are going to mention it in a sponsored vid)

Luckily i'm in a similar boat to @Al - if i ever get round to upgrading my trusty Triban, i have a nice set of Ultegra 6603 shifters to go on to replace the old 2303 ones

(yes, my bike is that old)

:)

aye, looks like 105 has stopped being the 'groupset of the people' (no matter how many time GCN are going to mention it in a sponsored vid)

Luckily i'm in a similar boat to @Al - if i ever get round to upgrading my trusty Triban, i have a nice set of Ultegra 6603 shifters to go on to replace the old 2303 ones

(yes, my bike is that old)

The new Tiagra is very decent nowadays and the last option for anyone wanting rim brake option.

The new Tiagra is very decent nowadays and the last option for anyone wanting rim brake option.

ah, but I'm getting old - so if want to continue to use a triple the 4703 stuff is'nt compatible with the rest of my stuff (which is a mismash of 2303, 5703 & 6603)

ah, but I'm getting old - so if want to continue to use a triple the 4703 stuff is'nt compatible with the rest of my stuff (which is a mismash of 2303, 5703 & 6603)
Would it be possible to fit one of the newer wide range rear mech/cassette arrangements to give you what you want?
I still have an old Campag racing triple on my summer road bike. A gear for every occasion in there somewhere.

Would it be possible to fit one of the newer wide range rear mech/cassette arrangements to give you what you want?
I still have an old Campag racing triple on my summer road bike. A gear for every occasion in there somewhere.
i went through a phase of trying to pick up all the relevant campag bits to upgrade to Campag 10 speed triple (just cos i prefer the shifter layout) - but it was a minefield of compatability

so picked up shimano bits instead

so once i finally get to the LBS (as i'm not doing it myself) it'll be

6603 ultegra 10 speed triple shifters
6603 FD
5703 RD
5700 brakes
5703 50-39-30 crankset
11-32 cassette (I know, i'm breaking the recommended Shimano limits by 1 - sue me)

pretty sure my LBS cant mess up a chain and BB

bike will be like triggers broom

Have any of you used Miche Primato Cassettes? They seem a bit cheap but it seems to be the only way I can get one in the size I want without paying more than I'm used to for a tight old git. The chain & cassette on my winter bike have become so embarrassingly worn that when I finally got round to properly cleaning all the shite off the drivetrain recently it slips like buggery when I deploy my immense hill climbing power. The chain wear gauge drops right in & rattles around 😮 In recent years you could pick up Campag 10 speed stuff cheap with a bit of searching but it looks like they have stopped making it now and only a few places selling off limited stock at or near rrp. I'm not used to spending £100-ish on a cassette!!! I'm only a poor pensioner yerknaaa.
I'm beginning to realise that it's going to be touch & go as to wheather it will be me or a couple of my bikes that will be first to reach the status of unsustainable obsolescence 😆

Last edited:

Back