2022 Cycling Thread

Yesterday I was riding in a cycle lane and this lad and lass had their dog on one of those long leads and they were standing to the side of the cycle lane but the dog was on the other side with the lead stretched right across - the dog was having a crap at the time so they could not do anything.

Those leads are lethal.
To add to my duck post ...
Some stupid f***ing women were stood there on a quiet back lane with ther dogs ...on leads ....extendable ... I'm pootling along at about 20 mph down a little incline and the dog tries to run across road .. stupid lady tells dog to "stop running across road on your extendable lead....else you'll hit cyclist" .. INSTEAD OF snapping the lead shut so stupid dog can't run at me / bike.
Anyway ....her fault. ...dog hit my bike ... Possibly full pedal to face ... I managed to stay up and kept going. Behind me were dog squeals and unhappy pet owners.

Geraint Thomas, Adam Yates or Daniel Martinez for Team Ineos leader role or all 3 co leaders and see how they get on after each stage?
if you knew anything about cycling (rather than being a complete bore) you'd look at the route and say 'Ineos will decide at the end of the first week'

if you knew anything about cycling (rather than being a complete bore) you'd look at the route and say 'Ineos will decide at the end of the first week'
doesnt matter who they decide on, everyone is just fighting over the minor places... there's no way anyone is going to beat Pogačar.
Can I be the first to say the Jumbo-Visma Jersey is horrific and hopefully Wout is either Nat champ or in green a lot.
i'll second that.

doesnt matter who they decide on, everyone is just fighting over the minor places... there's no way anyone is going to beat Pogačar.

i'll second that.

yep, i think the only thing stopping Pog is the potential pitfalls in the first week (although maybe not the 'classics' stages - seeing as how he now appears to be the reincarnation of Mercx)

i think the only hope for the others is a Danish crosswind stage where Ineos/Jumbo/Quick Step go for a team pile-on

yep, i think the only thing stopping Pog is the potential pitfalls in the first week (although maybe not the 'classics' stages - seeing as how he now appears to be the reincarnation of Mercx)

i think the only hope for the others is a Danish crosswind stage where Ineos/Jumbo/Quick Step go for a team pile-on
To be honest I think he could lose 2/3 minutes in a crosswind stage and pull that back.
Lost time in the echelons in his first win I seem to recall and he's far more dominant now.

Seriously think only a crash can stop him.

Another spanner thrown into the Quickstep decision making for the Tour today with Cav winning the national champs Jersey, seeing Cav break the record in the national Jersey would be great to see.

Nope Cav said in an interview that he hasnt heard one way or the other, all the hints were it was Jakobsen who was going but they never said Cav wasn't going. I cant see Remco winning yellow so taking 2 sprinters might work if you could somehow get them to agree to work with each other or at least not work against each other.

Back