2022 Cycling Thread

I think there's a white painted line to indicate a cycle lane down the hard shoulder... I wouldn't be keen, I use the c2c path but that's probably not handy for a regular commute.
Aye ive used the c2c route when cycling roker to penshaw so know which bit mean round Asda , nevermind , was just racking brain if got moved to
Near the Fire brigade training place over that way if could road bike it from Barnes but had feeling the A1231 would be bit risky even though only on it for half mile, going on the trail routes would prob take too long and mean slower mountain bike

Last edited:

Aye ive used the c2c route when cycling roker to penshaw so know which bit mean round Asda , nevermind , was just racking brain if got moved to
Near the Fire brigade training place over that way if could road bike it from Barnes but had feeling the A1231 would be bit risky even though only on it for half mile, going on the trail routes would prob take too long and mean slower mountain bike
Use Washington Road and by Nissan.

Up Chester road then down past Offerton and cross over Cox Green, up and back along past Teal Farm on the road/cycle path next to it. Bit of a piss on and some nasty hills but all tarmac.

No…from someone who used to be fairly risk averse and think nowt of time trialling on the A19, even I draw the line at 1231.
Drive there to work and cycling on it not for me
Aye, fuck that. Which is a shame. I’ve ridden it first thing on a Sunday, but even then it’s not ideal.

Aye, fuck that. Which is a shame. I’ve ridden it first thing on a Sunday, but even then it’s not ideal.

You’d have to be mental to ride on it I think. A young lad got killed on the A19 at 3am a few months ago. Probably thought he’d be fine as it was quiet, but you also have more chance of drunk drivers.

Yesterday I was riding in a cycle lane and this lad and lass had their dog on one of those long leads and they were standing to the side of the cycle lane but the dog was on the other side with the lead stretched right across - the dog was having a crap at the time so they could not do anything.

Those leads are lethal.

Had something like that happen to me once. With a squirrel like, but pretty much the same.

My mate had a cougar walk across a trail he was riding the other day, he reckons about 50m away. I’d have done a poo.
Had a mallard / drake / duck type thing fly between both wheels ( missing all pedals / feet / metal bits that rotate lots ) and out the other side.
I was petrified .. it probably had no idea what it did.

Back