2021 Cycling Thread

Would have been comfortably on for the usual 10,000 miles in the year until my accident.

Guessing will only get around 8500 miles this year.
That's just f***ing showing off, that.
Do you not have a job to go to?? Nee wonder the country is going to the dogs! Etc

That's just f***ing showing off, that.
Do you not have a job to go to?? Nee wonder the country is going to the dogs! Etc

Think I did 15000 miles four or five years ago ;)

Feel as though my legs have gone to shit the last 10 weeks mind, going to be a slog to get legs/fitness back.
Gravel bike when here might give me a bit mojo đź‘Ť

What kind of mileage has everyone else done this year then?
PS: that indoor nonsense doesn't count
A touch under 5000km for me which is absolutely shite tbf. Fully lost my mojo this year. I thought being back in England might perk me up a bit but it's done the opposite.

A touch under 5000km for me which is absolutely shite tbf. Fully lost my mojo this year. I thought being back in England might perk me up a bit but it's done the opposite.
Don't worry. It doesn't make you a bad person.
I think in the future I'm going to use the quality-over-quantity excuse more frequently. But then I'm getting old and slow.

4225 miles - mix of indoor and outdoor. Disappointed not to make 5000, hardly cycled the last few months. I've also ran 1377 miles and swam 35 miles.

What does a computer/gps actually give you?

I had a cateye years ago but it was lost in a crash and never replaced… I can’t really think why I’d replace it?

Can see both sides, from wanting to know everything from power, gradient, cadence etc to being happy enough with elapsed time and distance.

People say phone can do latter but like mine tucked away. Clearly a cat eye type thing would do for basic stuff.

Me and er are both 50 next year and we are planning on doing the 3 peaks (walking of course) and C2C (cycling of course)
Does anyone know who the best transport company is?
Do they pick up at Roker early doors and take you and bikes to Whitehaven?
Any info appreciated
@Dave Herbal
We did the Yorkshire 3 Peaks in 10 hours a few weeks back. Loved it
Doing the C2C over the August Bank Holiday weekend.
Bought train tickets for Friday afternoon, let's hope a) they let the bikes on and b) they aren't on strike

Apologies didn't realise this was the 2021 thread

Last edited:

Back