2021 Cycling Thread

similar, carrying a few Kg''s more than in the past and I like grub/booze too much to shift it ( accident not helping me keep timber at bay either)

I can guarantee my formerly pretty decent power/weight ratio isn't what it was. :oops:

I doubt this is something most on this thread will consider, being competent bike mechanics... but what's people's thoughts on getting your bike(s) serviced? my skill is middling, chain\cassette changes my max - trying to fettle gear changes is an art beyond me... my 10yo tricross has been a niggle fest of a ride all year so i'm thinking of getting it serviced by the guys at bike4health in benton...

anyone know if their price of £130 for a Comprehensive Service ("stripping your bike down to the frame") is the going rate?

i came across them in the middle of the year as they were doing various community events for cyclists who work at the cobalt...

I doubt this is something most on this thread will consider, being competent bike mechanics... but what's people's thoughts on getting your bike(s) serviced? my skill is middling, chain\cassette changes my max - trying to fettle gear changes is an art beyond me... my 10yo tricross has been a niggle fest of a ride all year so i'm thinking of getting it serviced by the guys at bike4health in benton...

anyone know if their price of £130 for a Comprehensive Service ("stripping your bike down to the frame") is the going rate?

i came across them in the middle of the year as they were doing various community events for cyclists who work at the cobalt...

I use them....mechanics are spot on and give you updates with costs etc.
Its a cracking business....they do loads of community work with schools.

I’d say for what they’re offering, that’s way too cheap.

Depends on any parts replacement as well.....I paid £200 to sort my road bike out last year. It was way overdue a service tbf....
this is what i hoping for, someone who had used them... did you get a comprehensive service? you sound like you would recommend them?
Its a cracking business....they do loads of community work with schools.
i'd nipped into the greggs at cobalt back in the summer and saw them all setup opposite and got chatting to the bloke who runs it (dave), he was telling me about what they did with schools & all that - seems like a great ethos... i was impressed with their european style cargo bike they use to get stuff moved around! :)

Last edited:
this is what i hoping for, someone who had used them... did you get a comprehensive service? you sound like you would recommend them?

i'd nipped into the greggs at cobalt back in the summer and saw them all setup opposite and got chatting to the bloke who runs it (dave), he was telling me about what they did with schools & all that - seems like a great ethos... i was impressed with their european style cargo bike they use to get stuff moved around! :)

Yes mate, definitely recommended. They take loads of kids out from local primary schools and run various clubs etc. My youngest school had a purpose built bike track built through them...Great initiative imo.

Back