2021 Cycling Thread

Zwifters - anyone use a wahoo kickr?

I’m thinking of investing as the nights start to draw in and wanting to follow some set training plans in the garage over the winter months, anyone had experience?

I've got a Kickr Core and I love it. Had an Elite Drivo prior to that and the Kickr's much better imo.
I've since bought a Kickr Climb as well which again I love...and a rocker plate (which I also recommend !)
..add to that a 4k tv just for zwift, 3 big fans and a wahoo desk for my drinks and snacks and it can soon get pretty expensive :)

Based purely on my Instagram feed tonight, that Ethan Hayter has stormed the first stage of the tour of norway for ineos. Think he took every jersey and the stage 1 win…

I've got a Kickr Core and I love it. Had an Elite Drivo prior to that and the Kickr's much better imo.
I've since bought a Kickr Climb as well which again I love...and a rocker plate (which I also recommend !)
..add to that a 4k tv just for zwift, 3 big fans and a wahoo desk for my drinks and snacks and it can soon get pretty expensive :)
Why would you want that Kickr Core and Kickr Climb ? Does the core not let you climb much ?
Also is it a chew on taking your bike wheel on and off
And …😆… how do you know what power and speed etc you’re cycling at , trying to understand how they work incase can get 2nd hand one Xmas 😆. Have an exercise bike but it’s pretty shit really

Why would you want that Kickr Core and Kickr Climb ? Does the core not let you climb much ?
Also is it a chew on taking your bike wheel on and off
And …😆… how do you know what power and speed etc you’re cycling at , trying to understand how they work incase can get 2nd hand one Xmas 😆. Have an exercise bike but it’s pretty shit really
The climb makes the front of your bike go up and down to match the gradient, which for me makes it more fun and immersive.
Without it the resistance would still change to match gradient changes so you'd still 'feel' like you were going uphill but the bike wouldn't physically move.
I have a dedicated bike permanently on the turbo trainer so putting wheels on and off isn't an issue.
The kickr core transmits power, speed and cadence details to whatever app you're using (e.g zwift, trainer road etc.).

There was me about to post some sarky comment like "or you could just gan out for a ride on yer bike", but then I thought better of it cos they would probably think I'm just a right miserable old bastard.

Id always choose to go out if I can like, but in the depths of winter where it’s only daylight during working hours and it’s -2 and raining it’s hard.

It’s also easier to do dedicated training sessions on the road/trails. Intervals and stuff are much easier on a trainer.

On that note, been out today on the gravel bike. 40k from Chester through the woods to Lanchester, picked up the cycle path to Consett and back down the line to home.

Zwifters - anyone use a wahoo kickr?

I’m thinking of investing as the nights start to draw in and wanting to follow some set training plans in the garage over the winter months, anyone had experience?
Did you go for one mate ?

I can only get out on bike weekend and going back into Office more now , so May have think myself at some point but would need to be 2nd hand to get price down slightly

Just had my turbo bike in Cycleworld as since getting Wahoo it was far noisier than it should be.
Thought it was bottom bracket or something major, turns out when I put chain on I’d somehow fucked up with chain length.

funny enough now with correct length chain it’s far better/smoother.

Bloody useless

First time on turbo in a month and arse really noticed different saddle and set up :(

Did you go for one mate ?

I can only get out on bike weekend and going back into Office more now , so May have think myself at some point but would need to be 2nd hand to get price down slightly

Not yet, I think I am going to get one but I’m going to hang on to the last of the outdoor riding for the time being.

Wahoo do certified reconditioned ones so I’ll probably look at those ones.

We’ll be able to get an SMB zwift group together.

Just back from a few days in the Netherlands and Germany with graft.........look at me etc

The cycling infrastructure in both countries made me weep and yet again realise we're f***ing decades back. Never seen so many out on bikes...all ages, abilities and types of bike.

I often wish we were up to speed with those countries.

However, I’ve just ridden from home in Chester to the stadium on the C2C route, one I do quite a lot. Bit of nice weather today and the amount of absolute ***** out is crackers. Nearly every one had headphones in, some on e-bikes passing me at 25mph with no helmets on.

Better infrastructure would hopefully come with better education.

Back