2021 Cycling Thread

Enjoyed that race, never seen live cycling before and some pace as the peloton came past me on the straight .

only wish we had a screen to follow the action around
Aye was a canny night been down myself, bit of trivia from the PA man don‘t know if you heard it but he apologised to all the local cyclists and probably ten mile beyond for all the Strava segments being gobbled up as these Tour Series riders had been out and about the local area the last couple of days.

Last edited:
Lass on my strava doing 100miles a day throughout July.....some effort that.
Half are on the turbo.....no idea how she does it in the heat. I was rinsed the other day just doing 20miles.

She's mad as a ship's cat but dead canny.

Well done to dirty Dylan, any idea what the rider of the Danish domestic team was saying to him as they cycled away from the finishing line?
Didn't look like a friendly chat but I'd missed the rest of the race, just saw that.

Well done to dirty Dylan, any idea what the rider of the Danish domestic team was saying to him as they cycled away from the finishing line?
Didn't look like a friendly chat but I'd missed the rest of the race, just saw that.

:lol:

never saw that, but if he was cycling for the Danish domestic team he was either asking for an autograph, or probably asking 'what should or can I do to get a chance to ride for a World leading team like yourself?' ;)

This morning cycling to work along the road outside of Nissan, a cyclist (in his 60s) infront of me veered off the path and crashed into the road, luckily no cars there. Thanks to the efforts of a load of lads going to work, the situation went from no breathing and no pulse to having a very unstable breathing/ pulse that would not maintain, but the lads kept working until the ambulance arrived. Very distressing, but hope the cyclist recovers. Just wanted to point out what heroes the lads were who all chipped in to help.

This morning cycling to work along the road outside of Nissan, a cyclist (in his 60s) infront of me veered off the path and crashed into the road, luckily no cars there. Thanks to the efforts of a load of lads going to work, the situation went from no breathing and no pulse to having a very unstable breathing/ pulse that would not maintain, but the lads kept working until the ambulance arrived. Very distressing, but hope the cyclist recovers. Just wanted to point out what heroes the lads were who all chipped in to help.
Hope the bloke(?) recovers. Well done the first attenders.

If you use garmin and strava and do a 2 hour ride say , is there any way you can get the time up for the first ten miles ? Without trying to add up all the segments 😆

Back