2021 Cycling Thread

:lol:

Ooh I dunno which is worse mind, a public pool with all the faecal traces and streams of piss, or a bill shark having a bit of a nibble.
I was hoping that my first swim, a day after I came off the bike, might wash out the wound a little bit. As it happens here is the latest update, taken 2 minutes ago. I’ll let you make up your mind if it worked!!

Logon or register to see this image

A round of the Cyclocross National Trophy being held in Herra Park at the weekend. Good to see another cycling event being held locally and I'll try and get along before the match if work behaves.
Thanks for the reminder. I'll be there to catch a few races. V50s and maybe the seniors. I'll ride over.

Forcast is decent, so course should be fairly firm. I've done a few of the Sunderland Clarion ones there and at least one was a mudbath.

Also marshalled a couple of races. I'll know a fair few of the riders.

Get some bikepacking gear and get some touring in ;)

Should be plenty of trails near you locally...old railway lines etc.
It's me you're talking to...like my luxuries and 5 star comfort...no ta :lol:

must say there does seem to be a lot of routes, as you mention old railway lines etc.
Nowhere near being on bike yet ( still turbo sessions) after accident. By the time the bike arrives that might be a way of easing myself in.

Tyne pedestrian tunnel closed today, in case any cyclists on here was planning on using it.
Don't know why or for how long.

Also noticed long queues at the road tunnel at North entrance heading South.

Totally lost my mojo since the crash. Not scared just lost the willingness.

Know what you mean...was never spooked on busy roads etc, despite the numerous near misses and atrocious near passes we all get.
This time I'm hesitant about getting on roads, even when/if injuries allow it.
Just doing 60-70 minutes on the turbo and even then it's almost a case of what's the point.

Know what you mean...was never spooked on busy roads etc, despite the numerous near misses and atrocious near passes we all get.
This time I'm hesitant about getting on roads, even when/if injuries allow it.
Just doing 60-70 minutes on the turbo and even then it's almost a case of what's the point.
Pretty much me now. Went out yesterday got an hour in and turned around.

It's me you're talking to...like my luxuries and 5 star comfort...no ta :lol:

must say there does seem to be a lot of routes, as you mention old railway lines etc.
Nowhere near being on bike yet ( still turbo sessions) after accident. By the time the bike arrives that might be a way of easing myself in.

Decent B&B's & Hotels man............not a chance I'd slum it either :)
I'm looking at ferry to Santander and back up to Le Harve......looking at 10 days minumum......pipe dream atm, probably one for 2023.
Clobber in bin bags material if I fucked off and did it next year....

That's f***ing rank and I can't believe you swam in a pool like that. I'd be fuming if I seen you with raw wounds in my local pool.
It’s not a raw wound at all. Good job I don’t swim in your local pool then.
@D.A
I probably have to apologise to you here. I was making light of what I honestly thought was a bit of a graze. Anyway, Mrs K made me go to the doctor this morning.
I told the doctor that I was there because Mrs K thought I might have an infection at the graze site. He took one look at it and said that Mrs K would be correct.
He booked me back in for 2pm this afternoon (after saying I could get out on the bike one more time), whereupon he directly injected the wound with local anaesthetic (as painful as it sounds, honestly), and cut away the necrotised skin/scab. I’m now on a course of antibiotics and I have to go back next Tuesday for a follow up.
In case you or anyone else is interested I’ve put up the original graze, the infection then the debrided wound.

Last edited:
It’s not a raw wound at all. Good job I don’t swim in your local pool then.
@D.A
I probably have to apologise to you here. I was making light of what I honestly thought was a bit of a graze. Anyway, Mrs K made me go to the doctor this morning.
I told the doctor that I was there because Mrs K thought I might have an infection at the graze site. He took one look at it and said that Mrs K would be correct.
He booked me back in for 2pm this afternoon (after saying I could get out on the bike one more time), whereupon he directly injected the wound with local anaesthetic (as painful as it sounds, honestly), and cut away the necrotised skin/scab. I’m now on a course of antibiotics and I have to go back next Tuesday for a follow up.
In case you or anyone else is interested I’ve put up the original graze, the infection then the debrided wound.

Thank god Mrs K has some sense like, because anything that goes yellow tends to be infected:lol:

The chlorine will have done the job at the pool though. Glad you’re on the mend. Scruffy bastard;)
@Fletch did you get a trainer? Mines the best thing I’ve ever bought I think. Makes it impossible to make excuses about why not to go. It’s never raining in my garage, the hills and efforts are exactly where I want them. Absolutely class.

Last edited:
Thank god Mrs K has some sense like, because anything that goes yellow tends to be infected:lol:

The chlorine will have done the job at the pool though. Glad you’re on the mend. Scruffy bastard;)
@Fletch did you get a trainer? Mines the best thing I’ve ever bought I think. Makes it impossible to make excuses about why not to go. It’s never raining in my garage, the hills and efforts are exactly where I want them. Absolutely class.
No mate , having a mare at work lately so not had chance look , pulled my calf trying to run again enall ☹️. What did you go for ? Any Billy bargains ?

Had mine 11 months now and its definitely one of my better investments from a cycling perspective.
Flexibility is brilliant for me with kids so I can work my rides around the usual family stuff.....

Back