2021 Cycling Thread

Me and er are both 50 next year and we are planning on doing the 3 peaks (walking of course) and C2C (cycling of course)
Does anyone know who the best transport company is?
Do they pick up at Roker early doors and take you and bikes to Whitehaven?
Any info appreciated
@Dave Herbal
Also can be done on bikes, and has been a very popular event over many years. Not sure if covid has stopped it recently.

So popular in fact, that many willing entrants are refused entry.
Good tip cheers

Pretty poor service that mind innit, could fk your whole trip right up
Yep. Train companies know that system works for them, but is a totally unreliable way to go on for cyclists.

Last edited:

Yeah suppose that’s a good idea actually.
Just checked and it’s £30 for the 2 of us on train from Sunderland
Cheers.

There's a proper odd ticket that'll get you from Sunderland to Whitehaven for relatively cheap (only on Northern). It's called a Hadrian's Wall Country Line Day Ranger. Mind, it doesn't have the price on there anymore so they may have withdrawn it but worth asking prior to buying tickets. If you pop in to the ticket office at Sunderland station they should be able to help.

Hard lines Alex. Left it all out there. Sometimes it’s just not enough, but can be very very proud. It’s mental how fast they go really. Sunderland to Boro on a bike in an hour. Takes 45 minutes to drive the fucker.

Incredible how fast some can cycle mind , but then again if you have the right genes , equipment , good coach and devote your life to it , similar to running

Really surprised he didn't break the record and also by how far he fell short !
Maybe his best years are past him.

Met him when he came up and rode the Crathorne/A19 course as a recce for the nationals. Seemed very nice and happy to chat over the usual slice of cake and a cuppa afterwards.

Unlike Hutch who lives up to his TV and Cycling weekly persona

Logon or register to see this image
Went out for a 70km on Wednesday just gone. Less than 1km from the finish nearly got taken out by a car pulling out of an intersection. Didn’t stop me from spreading my DNA over the tarmac. Bike went in for repair yesterday. Find out tomorrow what damage has been done.
Luckily I managed to pause my Garmin.

Logon or register to see this image
Went out for a 70km on Wednesday just gone. Less than 1km from the finish nearly got taken out by a car pulling out of an intersection. Didn’t stop me from spreading my DNA over the tarmac. Bike went in for repair yesterday. Find out tomorrow what damage has been done.
Luckily I managed to pause my Garmin.
Hope the bike is ok

Hope the bike is ok
I’ll let you know. Not that I’m looking for sympathy but I’ve got grazes and bruises on both legs and both arms. Tried to do Parkrun on Saturday morning but couldn’t make it past 1km. Only thing I can do training wise at the moment is swim. Did 2000 metres today and the same last Thursday. I’ll try Parkrun again this Saturday and see what happens.

Last edited:
I’ll let you know. Not that I’m looking for sympathy but I’ve got grazes and bruises on both legs and both arms. Tried to do Parkrun on Saturday morning but couldn’t make it past 1km. Only thing I can do training wise at the moment is swim. Did 2000 metres today and the same last Thursday. I’ll try Parkrun again this Saturday and see what happens.
You swam in the shark infested waters of WA with little droplets of blood seeping out of your open wounds? Brave lad :lol:

Back