2020 cycling thread

• Thread starter Deleted member 23273
  • Start date

So what is everyone's reaction to the new changes to Strava? I'm too tight to have ever paid for the premium service (I'm a pensioner yerknaa). Is there an alternative that I should maybe consider? I'm not interested in the competitive/analytic features of Strava - I just use it to log miles (or km, actually), view my own times vs previous results & have a nosey at what my mates are up to.

After trying a fair few I have settled on Urban Biker, paid 89p or something to not have adds.
Nice interface and easy to put what you want on the screen.
You can export rides to free Strava at the click of a button too which I like.

I think they have a premium plan of some kind, not sure what that is for tbh.

Some good opportunities for KOM today- 41mph tailwinds🚴‍♀️🚀
I was out on Wednesday with a 10mph headwind that was bad enough really wouldn’t like to go out today like
Wednesday nearly killed me- the heat+ headwind I bonked after 30 mile.

Last edited by a moderator:
Some free lockdown viewing to pass the time.

Sofiane Sehili is a monster, 94 hours on a bike almost non stop, I just can't comprehend that. I couldn't manage 94 hours awake in my younger festival days, never mind pedalling all that time.

Tom Vincent dropped out with saddles sores but his written account is canny. One rider spent 12 hours lying in an abandoned hut alone with D&V after running out of water and drinking from a stream.

Evans cycles killing me today!

ang up this morning to check everything was ok for pick up, all confirmed, everything ok

Then they rang back an hour later to say my bike actually wasn’t in the store and it won’t arrive until Thursday or next week at the earliest

Feel like just to cancelling the order.

whole point in getting from there was the quick turnaround.

store said I need to speak to the manager upon collection and the live chat is absolutely no help at all

Sofiane Sehili is a monster, 94 hours on a bike almost non stop, I just can't comprehend that. I couldn't manage 94 hours awake in my younger festival days, never mind pedalling all that time.

Tom Vincent dropped out with saddles sores but his written account is canny. One rider spent 12 hours lying in an abandoned hut alone with D&V after running out of water and drinking from a stream.

Just watched it. Some superb scenery and almost inhuman efforts. They looked absolutely shattered both mentally and physically at the end.

Just watched it, enjoyed it. Anyone recommend any other good cycling documentaries on YouTube.

Set off at 8am for a 2:20 hour ride. Saw more groups today than on all my previous rides this year put together. Probably a combination of the schools confirmed as reopening and the shambles of 5pm last night, people just doing what they want now. Cant say I blame them given the example we have all been set.

I know for a fact this will have been asked and answered 100s of times on here, read a couple of threads and noticed this was 22 pages long, fuck that.

Help me avoid making a new thread, but what’s a decent training regime for the C2C next year? I’m thinking more hills, I’m not concerned About distances, more hills. Should I just go to Strawberry Bank and go up and down a good few times?

Back