2020 cycling thread

• Thread starter Deleted member 23273
  • Start date
Riding on the track is fun, but you should ride fixed gear on the road. Everyone should, they just don't realise it. Yes, MT & I both fell off ours today but don't let that put you off.
My reaction was ah ffs. Comes with the territory. Car drivers watch in amazement when you hold a 2m track stand. I've had beeps and claps.

Really getting into biking now. Had a road bike for few years but only went out on it occasionally. Been doing 30 mile a day for past 7 days. Legs are fucked like. I need to get weight down, people fly past me.

Decided i need some clip in shoes & cleats so just bought some. They fit sound and i have the right cleats (two bolt) for the pedals but i can't seem to fit them at all.

Also a bit worried i stay clipped in at light n topple over.

Really getting into biking now. Had a road bike for few years but only went out on it occasionally. Been doing 30 mile a day for past 7 days. Legs are fucked like. I need to get weight down, people fly past me.

Decided i need some clip in shoes & cleats so just bought some. They fit sound and i have the right cleats (two bolt) for the pedals but i can't seem to fit them at all.

Slacken the springs initially and make sure the cleats are as tight as you can get them

Yes you will definitely fall at least a couple of times but you’ll see it’s more of a roll as you protect your bike more than yourself

So today was my first time fixing my bike with fire.
Got the cap thing stuck when putting on my crank. It was plastic and wasnt budging so smashed it with a screwdriver and melted the rest.

Did a work ride with my last company and the CEO joined us on day one. Sure enough, he fell over clipped in in front of 20 cyclists. Everyone cheered and no one cared. Its a right of passage and if you can't laugh at yourself then, when can you?

Last edited:
Slacken the springs initially and make sure the cleats are as tight as you can get them

Yes you will definitely fall at least a couple of times but you’ll see it’s more of a roll as you protect your bike more than yourself

How do i slacken the springs? Honestly im useless with tools. I ve asked my step dad but he said he hasn't got the right size of allen key? Any idea what size i need?

How do i slacken the springs? Honestly im useless with tools. I ve asked my step dad but he said he hasn't got the right size of allen key? Any idea what size i need?
You should see a little grub screw with Allen key head behind the clip. From memory a turn anti clockwise will slacken and opposite will tighten. Do it a bit at a time and try it out so you get a tension you’re happy with.
Usually 4mm I think
Was a good nudge to tweak my right one which has been tight for too long. Finally got off the lazy step and done it - it’s a 3mm Allen key for mine.
If you’re just getting used to road bikes while you’ve got Allen keys out use a 4mm and raise your saddle up an inch higher than you have it now.

Last edited:
Rumour has it, after signing daniel ricciardo this morning that McLaren (Bahrain) are about to announce the mid-season transfer of one Christopher Froome... toys & prams about Bernal getting GC leader status in September?

Unsubstantiated on many levels, but Brailsford has a long history of showing no sentiments when making team selections... I suspect the Bahrain name is only touted because they signed wout poels last.

Rumour has it, after signing daniel ricciardo this morning that McLaren (Bahrain) are about to announce the mid-season transfer of one Christopher Froome... toys & prams about Bernal getting GC leader status in September?

Unsubstantiated on many levels, but Brailsford has a long history of showing no sentiments when making team selections... I suspect the Bahrain name is only touted because they signed wout poels last.
Might be something in the Bahrain Merida link( Ellingworth also there) or it could be the usual pre contract manouvrers that all riders participate in at this time of year.
I can see him signing another deal at Ineos ( maybe not as long as the one he'd like) but you never know

Back