2020 cycling thread

• Thread starter Deleted member 23273
  • Start date

Getting out on the bike for a bit might be the one thing that stops a hell of a lot of people suffering massive mental ill health during all of this. If we go to lock down it will be interesting to see if there is anything specific for key workers commuting by bike
Ive been given a letter to carry from my school - for police checks. If I'm commuting - they cant choose my mode of transport!

300 miles done this month, first time since july 2017 I've hit that :lol: :lol:
Was due to be in Mallorca next week when I can normally get a bit in.:)
That's the point I normally move to summer bike. Given the rain this morning winter bike seems best option

Was due to be in Mallorca next week when I can normally get a bit in.:)
That's the point I normally move to summer bike. Given the rain this morning winter bike seems best option
I never clean my bike, still got the same much on from January

I never clean my bike, still got the same much on from January

my clean consists of scrubbing the chain with baby wipes ( work a treat) and re lubing.
A quick clean on frame with same baby wipes.
will take cassette off and clean ( a jewellery sonic cleaner does a great job) maybe once or twice over winter.

none of the above is enough but about all I can be arsed to do in the winter....wife's winter bike gets even less

great for chains or cassettes

Last edited:
my clean consists of scrubbing the chain with baby wipes ( work a treat) and re lubing.
A quick clean on frame with same baby wipes.
will take cassette off and clean ( a jewellery sonic cleaner does a great job) maybe once or twice over winter.

none of the above is enough but about all I can be arsed to do in the winter....wife's winter bike gets even less

great for chains or cassettes
I'll get the pressure washer out this week. I normally use gt85 and a rag on the chain and then lube. I don't trust myself to take my chain and casette off.

I'll get the pressure washer out this week. I normally use gt85 and a rag on the chain and then lube. I don't trust myself to take my chain and casette off.

My winter boots and the mudguards must be carrying a kilo of shit...cleaning those would lighten my ride.

not many still on winter bikes when I look around :eek: :lol:

Back