2020 cycling thread

• Thread starter Deleted member 23273
  • Start date

Jakobsen is meant to be in an induced coma and Patrick Lefevere was talking about wanting Groenewegen arrested for attempted murder straight after the crash
having seen the overhead, groenewegen just seems to drift across the road with his head down (from the above) - i've seen more obvious intentional elbows...

having seen the overhead, groenewegen just seems to drift across the road with his head down (from the above) - i've seen more obvious intentional elbows...

He knows exactly what he is doijg, he has plently of past history of doing the same, very few sprinters don't, its just the consequences of his actions yesterday are the worst i have ever seen.

The issue isnt Groenewegen but thr fact that the UCI only dsq a rider if there is blatant change of direction, and then its only dsq from that days results, if they stuck to the rules and said any change and youbare out of the race youd soon see riders magically able to stay in a straight line.

hello gents and ladies. As some will knowni only took up the sport at start of lockdown.... im now debating whether or not I should change my flats for clipless pedals? I was looking at Shimano M324 pedals which have a flat side and a clipless side, which would suit me. They are an SPD cleat. are these suitable for someone like myself who has never used cleats and who rides a gravel bike on a mixture of road, gravel and tarmaced cycle paths? Anyone recommend some decent budget friendly shoes to go along with them?

Morning all, I’m looking at buying a new bike and am looking for recommendations, if anyone would be so kind.

I’ve been advised to go for a Cyclo Cross bike as most riding will be done on roads and some off track. I’ve picked my bike up again after probably a 5 year break - it’s a heavy Carrera hybrid that I used on the C2C and a few other ‘challenges’. The thing is far too heavy and I’m looking for something easier and quicker to get around on

I have been looking at random bike web sites without really knowing what I’m looking for, and this is my current thinking : Genesis Croix De Fer 10 2020 – Adventure Bike – Medium

I’m 5 ft 10, and budget is up to £1k. Any help would be much appreciated. Thanks

hello gents and ladies. As some will knowni only took up the sport at start of lockdown.... im now debating whether or not I should change my flats for clipless pedals? I was looking at Shimano M324 pedals which have a flat side and a clipless side, which would suit me. They are an SPD cleat. are these suitable for someone like myself who has never used cleats and who rides a gravel bike on a mixture of road, gravel and tarmaced cycle paths? Anyone recommend some decent budget friendly shoes to go along with them?

i started with MTB clipless, and i still use MTB clipless

I have'nt used 324's, but have you considered 424's? - double sided, but have a very large cage so that they are flattish if not clipped in (what i did before i was confident was have cleats in my right, but none in my left - just had to remember which side wad clipped in - so i was effectively a clipped/flat combo)

;)

I've only just upgraded by 424's to something a bit less chunky

as for shoes, if you're starting out then you cant really go wrong with a pair from Fat Mike

i started with MTB clipless, and i still use MTB clipless

I have'nt used 324's, but have you considered 424's? - double sided, but have a very large cage so that they are flattish if not clipped in (what i did before i was confident was have cleats in my right, but none in my left - just had to remember which side wad clipped in - so i was effectively a clipped/flat combo)

;)

I've only just upgraded by 424's to something a bit less chunky

as for shoes, if you're starting out then you cant really go wrong with a pair from Fat Mike

cheers pal ill give the 424s a look

Morning all, I’m looking at buying a new bike and am looking for recommendations, if anyone would be so kind.

I’ve been advised to go for a Cyclo Cross bike as most riding will be done on roads and some off track. I’ve picked my bike up again after probably a 5 year break - it’s a heavy Carrera hybrid that I used on the C2C and a few other ‘challenges’. The thing is far too heavy and I’m looking for something easier and quicker to get around on

I have been looking at random bike web sites without really knowing what I’m looking for, and this is my current thinking : Genesis Croix De Fer 10 2020 – Adventure Bike – Medium

I’m 5 ft 10, and budget is up to £1k. Any help would be much appreciated. Thanks
That looks lovely. There are similar equivalent bikes. But Genesis are a good brand. You may need a large frame! ?

Look at the Giant brand too. They have some lovely ‘gravel ’ bikes like the Anyroad model.

Last edited:
I’d definitely recommend trying out the spd pedals and clipping in.
ive had a road bike a few years and still prefer the combination pedals and see no good reason to change. I use the A530’s though as lighter and sleeker than those in your post.
Slacken the tension off a lot when you first get them and don’t make the mistake of trying the shoe in them without your foot in it.

Logon or register to see this image

You can get a cube nuroad with tiara group set for that much or if you could stretch a bit further on budget get the race version with shimano 105 and hydr brakes.
Any other year you’d get last years model with the higher spec for £1k at this time of year but not a chance this year probably.
Can you use the cycle to work scheme?

Last edited:
Just come back from Cornwall gutted I never took the bike some lovely roads. Plenty of hills like. Can’t wait to get out today need it to burn off the last weeks food intake
Up in Newcastle now and it’s red hot. What a lush day for a ride

Last edited:
Jumbo have a stronger team now

Will see at the Tour but if Ineos take the top 3 and Sivakov I don't think Jumbo are stronger.

Are Jumbo taking Roglic and Dumoulin as I can see that causing bigger issues than the 4 at Ineos.

25/1 for Sivakov is tempting me, nobody is really talking about him and if he is the 4th choice at Ineos and Jumbo and trying to be Sky 2.0 with a train I can see him being given a free ticket one day and hope he gets a nice time advantage.

Will see at the Tour but if Ineos take the top 3 and Sivakov I don't think Jumbo are stronger.

Are Jumbo taking Roglic and Dumoulin as I can see that causing bigger issues than the 4 at Ineos.

25/1 for Sivakov is tempting me, nobody is really talking about him and if he is the 4th choice at Ineos and Jumbo and trying to be Sky 2.0 with a train I can see him being given a free ticket one day and hope he gets a nice time advantage.

Jumbo’s tour squad is: Roglic, Dumoulin, Kruiswijk, George Bennett, Kuss, Tony Martin, Gesink and Van Aert

The whole team is flying, Roglic beat Bernal in L’Ain last week, WVA obviously won today and won Milan San Remo and Strade Bianche in the last couple of weeks and Bennett won Gran Piemonte today as well.

Other than Bernal INEOS don’t look that strong since racing resumed. Froome is clearly nowhere near back to his best and Thomas has shown nothing so far. Sivakov looks strong but none of their other climbing domestiques are as strong as Jumbo’s at the minute

Jumbo’s tour squad is: Roglic, Dumoulin, Kruiswijk, George Bennett, Kuss, Tony Martin, Gesink and Van Aert

The whole team is flying, Roglic beat Bernal in L’Ain last week, WVA obviously won today and won Milan San Remo and Strade Bianche in the last couple of weeks and Bennett won Gran Piemonte today as well.

Other than Bernal INEOS don’t look that strong since racing resumed. Froome is clearly nowhere near back to his best and Thomas has shown nothing so far. Sivakov looks strong but none of their other climbing domestiques are as strong as Jumbo’s at the minute

I see what you are saying, Jumbo are in fine form but they have no history of controlling a TdF with a favourite. The Ineos with no form is a slight worry but I cant see Thomas and Froome not timing it to be atleast the best domestiques they can be.

Maybe I am just being optimistic as I dislike Roglic, absolutely no reason behind it just never liked him also hoping its a real fight at the Tour and not just 1 team making it easy.

Cant wait to see WVA hope he gets a free ride on any of the hilly or classic style stages as he is a beast.

Some lineup that, tbf. Should be interesting.

Back