2020 cycling thread

• Thread starter Deleted member 23273
  • Start date
Some fat tramp in a note just done the same in boldon colliery to me this afternoon. I was the only soul on the road, he beeps as he went past and gesticulates towards the cycle lane.
Me and my lass were out riding side by side and some knob had a go at is telling us we should be riding behind one another. Obviously hasn’t read the Highway Code in a while which I enjoyed pointing him out to him

Some fat tramp in a note just done the same in boldon colliery to me this afternoon. I was the only soul on the road, he beeps as he went past and gesticulates towards the cycle lane.

Wasn’t a Qashqai was it? Only time in my life I’ve called someone a f***ing wanker in front of their missus 😂
was looking at the boardman one myself (here at halfords), but thought the spesh sirrus was better specced personally? only plus point is i presume halfords may be able to source more stock of the boardman bikes?

Mine’s 3 year old now so might be different now but at the time the forks, brakes and saddle we’re all better on the boardman. Design looked a bit racier as well

Last edited:
Me and my lass were out riding side by side and some knob had a go at is telling us we should be riding behind one another. Obviously hasn’t read the Highway Code in a while which I enjoyed pointing him out to him
A mix of the hot weather and lockdown easing has brought the dooleys out all over.
Wasn’t a Qashqai was it? Only time in my life I’ve called someone a f***ing wanker in front of their missus 😂

Nar a note. Fat fucker looked like bowser off mario kart crammed into it.

Ease the springs in the pedals. Make it easier for escape. Had the comedy falls.

not too far though, i was finding myself coming out of a clip on one foot under the slightest pressure

LBS at Dales Cycling Centre (without even looking at bike) - you loosened the spring off didn't you, its probably somewhere up the climb on Tan Hill

Trying to find jerseys that fit is a real pain. Im 93kg, fairly muscle/stocky, and for the first time in my life i wish i was as skinny as some of these cyclists who fly past me.

The extra weight on climbs is quite funny. Im crawling up n some skinny fuckers are having a convo up em.

Trying to find jerseys that fit is a real pain. Im 93kg, fairly muscle/stocky, and for the first time in my life i wish i was as skinny as some of these cyclists who fly past me.

The extra weight on climbs is quite funny. Im crawling up n some skinny fuckers are having a convo up em.
I'm having the same issue. 6ft 2, 96kg. Ordered loads from decathlon, xl too baggy, l too snug.

I crashed into a car on a roundabout today. Pulled out in front of me. Managed to brake and turn side on so nothing major.

His argument was that it was my fault because I skidded into him 😂

I crashed into a car on a roundabout today. Pulled out in front of me. Managed to brake and turn side on so nothing major.

His argument was that it was my fault because I skidded into him 😂
lucky escape... hope the car came off worse than you? very few drivers seem to accept they could possibly be at fault - f***ing shady twats...

lucky escape... hope the car came off worse than you? very few drivers seem to accept they could possibly be at fault - f***ing shady twats...
Aye. He was left with a handle bar and me shaped dent.

Ridiculous really. If he’d just said he hadn’t seen me and apologised I’d not have been fucked off.

I do think though if I’d been on a road bike with V’s instead of a MTB with discs I’d have been up and over the car.

I do think though if I’d been on a road bike with V’s instead of a MTB with discs I’d have been up and over the car.
are disc brakes that much difference? i got run over in january, when i come to spend the insurance money im after a diverge which is pretty much my tricross but with discs - having never ridden with discs i've no idea what the difference is...

I'm having the same issue. 6ft 2, 96kg. Ordered loads from decathlon, xl too baggy, l too snug.

Never felt the need to own a cycling jersey myself. Slim fit t shirt does just fine.

Back