**** 2019 Golf Thread ****

CraigyLee

Striker
Went out for the first time yesterday at Chester-Le-Street only did 11 holes went round in 6 over which I was over the moon with

There were a few temp tees and all greens were on (and in canny condition for Jan) except the 2nd but that's having work done to it

Now pricing up another trip to Murcia with my dar in Feb probably play Roda and Altorreal and one other

Anyone else been hacking about? Handicap is 17.4 want to get down to 12 this year

Snowed off yesterday - will get out when it warms up a bit :)

I've a couple of vouchers for the simulator at the club like so might take the boy and have a mess about there

Went out for the first time yesterday at Chester-Le-Street only did 11 holes went round in 6 over which I was over the moon with

There were a few temp tees and all greens were on (and in canny condition for Jan) except the 2nd but that's having work done to it

Now pricing up another trip to Murcia with my dar in Feb probably play Roda and Altorreal and one other

Anyone else been hacking about? Handicap is 17.4 want to get down to 12 this year
I usually manage to lash the little white ball around once a week during the Winter months. I only played 9 holes yesterday as it was bloody freezing and there was a group of four slow women in front of us. I am realistic enought to realise that improving my handicap of 8 is difficult and I doubt I'll get down to my low point of 6 again.

Done Sharpley yesterday - all greens in play and course in amazing condition considering time of year - off for a round at Beamish shortly☺

Managed to get out the other day for the first this year and a month since the last round. Amazed they let us out, everything frozen solid from tee to green, some of the greens were half covered in snow the rest just ice. Played 3 wood off the deck on driving holes as you couldn't get a tee in the ground. Had a 400 yard drive leaving a wedge in to a green on a par5. Waste of time trying to play to be honest as you couldn't control distance, ended up a practice round.

Hopefully out today, but its just around the freezing point, its sunny though, warm weather can't come fast enough.

I play all winter in a league which isn’t such a bad idea in October when it kicks off but you soon regret it when it’s absolutely baltic in January. Hitting it ok but the short game at present is awful as it’s night on impossible to practice this through the winter other than hitting a few chips before tee off. I went cack handed with the putter last year and have never putted as well in my life.

Had a decent weekend, I backed levy, fritteli and Stenson all Ew top seven

Plus finau and leishman Ew first seven

Had Ricky Fowler but he missed the cut.

Had a round on Saturday at Houghton, freezing cold and blowing a gale, just 2 temps.

Saw last years club captain get floored by a wayward drive, shout of "fore", fortunately turned away and took a hooked drive to the back of the head, ambulance, hospital and 6 staples!

Back