**** 2019 Golf Thread ****

Just had my first ever golf lesson this evening at the same time as finally handing in my 6th 9 hole card to get a handicap for the first time.

What a difference a bit of coaching can make, it immediately added 20+ yards to my irons and they were going so much straighter than I've managed any time recently.

Following Final Qualifying for The Open at St Annes Old Links last week the greens are sensational. I'll be in Cardiff next weekend and intend biting the bullet and paying the slightly less obscene after 3 pm on a Sunday green fee at Royal Porthcawl as it is one of the few top golf courses in Wales that I haven't played.

2 doubles
then 2 3 putts that ended with bogeys

I hit 82

I should have broke 80 for the first time in a comp today ffs

Nett 66 and I was nowhere near winning easy conditions with hard fairways and soft greens

Is there a dwarf playing in the Scottish Open ? There was one on the driving range when they were talking to Lee Slatery. Had a canny swing too.

2 doubles
then 2 3 putts that ended with bogeys

I hit 82

I should have broke 80 for the first time in a comp today ffs

Nett 66 and I was nowhere near winning easy conditions with hard fairways and soft greens

Still a good knock though. Well played . Chipping away at your handicap.

Golf is doing my head in at the moment brilliant shot after shit shot. Short game lessons coming good then back to the old faults again. Worst of all I have some problems with my back which cause me to have a slight tremor (nerve damage) and I can’t hold the putter without shaking like a shitting dog. Really bothering me tbh.

On the plus side I did have my first ever hole in one two weeks ago. 9th hole at Brancepeth.

Shot 73 yesterday. Its my lowest score in a comp for few years. Net 68 which only put me 8th overall.
Some of the scores this year by new members have been ridiculous 2 x nett 59s ffs

Back