**** 2019 Golf Thread ****

Been down to 10 years ago but was playing at longhirst so when I went wayward you didn’t get punished ,

Never had a lesson either
You’ve done well to get down to ten without lessons but I’d definitely suggest you have some. Simon at Sharpley is very good I’d recommend him to any golfer of any standard. He’s more of a coach than a textbook teacher though.

Nah I haven’t but I’ll add it to the list for next time what’s the weather like over there at the moment ?

Who do you go through for green fees?
Been about 20 today and slightly breezy. Bloke called Juanfran at golf525. Gets good rates and decent tee times.

Beware the Scandies are arriving again, so if you don't want 5-6 hour rounds, I'd get out as early as possible!

Green fees Murcia | Golf 525 Murcia

Where do people suggest for Spain? So many courses to pick from?
Last 3 years down costa del sol in July....50 mile south of Malaga, du quesa or caseres area, small marina resorts great bars and restaraunts and nee arseholes...courses canny quiet.

And for a bit of swank Vilamoura , pine cliffs in may.

f***ing love it

Book own flights, town house near marina and courses in del sol

Last 3 years down costa del sol in July....50 mile south of Malaga, du quesa or caseres area, small marina resorts great bars and restaraunts and nee arseholes...courses canny quiet.

And for a bit of swank Vilamoura , pine cliffs in may.

f***ing love it

Book own flights, town house near marina and courses in del sol
puerto de la duquesa is great and the courses around there are top quality. I played both San Roque old and new as well as los arqueros, the last time I was down there.

puerto de la duquesa is great and the courses around there are top quality. I played both San Roque old and new as well as los arqueros, the last time I was down there.
Don Julio very good course, de quesa itself has new owners but potentially very good, for a quick 9 holes casesres golf canny and if you can get mates rates the world class finca cortesin is different gravy.

I'm based in Catalunya so I've played quite a few of the courses in the area. The Lumine complex in Salou is where I play most summers, and it's great, 2 completely different 18 hole courses and a 9 hole course. Obviously PGA Catalunya Stadium course is a must play, as well as the Tour course. I played Parador el Saler near Valencia 2 weeks ago, fantastic course too.

I'm based in Catalunya so I've played quite a few of the courses in the area. The Lumine complex in Salou is where I play most summers, and it's great, 2 completely different 18 hole courses and a 9 hole course. Obviously PGA Catalunya Stadium course is a must play, as well as the Tour course. I played Parador el Saler near Valencia 2 weeks ago, fantastic course too.

The great Rick Shiels (YouTube Golf Pro) went round Lumine Pro Am in +41 in 3 rounds ... a pro!!!!

The great Rick Shiels (YouTube Golf Pro) went round Lumine Pro Am in +41 in 3 rounds ... a pro!!!!

Yeah I knew about that...not the easiest place to play to be fair! the Lakes course is especially brutal. Some of it's par 4's I have to play as par 5s!

Went out for the first time yesterday at Chester-Le-Street only did 11 holes went round in 6 over which I was over the moon with

There were a few temp tees and all greens were on (and in canny condition for Jan) except the 2nd but that's having work done to it

Now pricing up another trip to Murcia with my dar in Feb probably play Roda and Altorreal and one other

Anyone else been hacking about? Handicap is 17.4 want to get down to 12 this year
I've just joined Chester le Street

Portugal, Vilamoura....class

Last edited:

Back