**** 2019 Golf Thread ****

How's everyone done on the handicap front this year, I went down a shot then back up to where I started in last comp. Never practiced at all mind.
Got down to 4.5 from 5.8.. Really unlucky not to get down to 4. Buying the epic flash and changing my putting grip has made me a hell of a lot more consistent. Shot 67 the other week..

16 of us going up to Gullane on Sunday. Really looking forward to it.

How's everyone done on the handicap front this year, I went down a shot then back up to where I started in last comp. Never practiced at all mind.
Kept going in the wrong direction all summer, played well in practice, gone up in comps. Last comp was looking on course to get cut at last, sprayed my tee shot OB twice on the last, 5 off the tee then 6th shot into the lake, another .1 on :evil:

Must get some lessons over the winter.

Kept going in the wrong direction all summer, played well in practice, gone up in comps. Last comp was looking on course to get cut at last, sprayed my tee shot OB twice on the last, 5 off the tee then 6th shot into the lake, another .1 on :evil:

Must get some lessons over the winter.
Gone up 3 shots this year, but rather than get lessons I've decided to pack the fucker in.

I play at Whickham. Started the year at 11.8 did well early got down to 10.2 but ended up 11.6 more or less back to where I started.
Got down to 4.5 from 5.8.. Really unlucky not to get down to 4. Buying the epic flash and changing my putting grip has made me a hell of a lot more consistent. Shot 67 the other week..

16 of us going up to Gullane on Sunday. Really looking forward to it.

Its great up there. We used to play the West Course at North Berwick which is spellbinding and an open qualifier but we got on cheap because my mate is a member. Also played Gullane 2 on 241 vouchers and played the Glen for £14 because my mate used to be secretary there. 3 Excellent course for about £70 when it normally costs you £100 just to play the West.

Last edited:
extortionate iirc was around 900-1000 when I looked into it couple of years ago
It's not worth that.
Its great up there. We used to play the West Course at North Berwick which is spellbinding and an open qualifier but we got on cheap because my mate is a member. Also played Gullane 2 on 241 vouchers and played the Glen for £14 because my mate used to be secretary there. 3 Excellent course for about £70 when it normally costs you £100 just to play the West.
The West links is around £140 a round now. I priced it for 16 people and they wouldn't give any discount so I booked Gullane instead.
Gullane no.1 is fantastic. Even though we are heading into winter the greens were the best and fastest I've putted on all year.

Last edited:
It's not worth that.

The West links is around £140 a round now. I priced it for 16 people and they wouldn't give any discount so I booked Gullane instead.
Gullane no.1 is fantastic. Even though we are heading into winter the greens were the best and fastest I've putted on all year.

Aye the West caters for American and Japanese tourists mainly. Ive heard Gullane 1 is cracking but never played there.

I play at Whickham. Started the year at 11.8 did well early got down to 10.2 but ended up 11.6 more or less back to where I started.

We played Whickham a few years ago on a Sunday, followed some women round who liked to chat and were generally snail like .

They kept us waiting approaching the 1st. as they were talking to their mates Who’d teed off for the second hole before walking back and putting out.

We finished the first and were walking up to the second tee when they stood talking near their bags , held us up on the tee whilst f***ing about in the middle of the fairway , then again as we were waiting to pitch on.

The same again on the third , steam was coming out Buster’s ears by now , lashed my second shot out of frustration then heard the bell ring , my ball landed about ten foot away from the bell 😂

got some severe grief from one of them so I apologised as the course was new to me , but told her she should apologise for holding us up on three holes , that fucked her off big style .

We ended up teeing off the 6th? and missed out on a couple of holes .

They had ample opportunities to wave us through in the first three holes , but no way were they going to let us through.

Never been back surprisingly enough.

We played Whickham a few years ago on a Sunday, followed some women round who liked to chat and were generally snail like .

They kept us waiting approaching the 1st. as they were talking to their mates Who’d teed off for the second hole before walking back and putting out.

We finished the first and were walking up to the second tee when they stood talking near their bags , held us up on the tee whilst f***ing about in the middle of the fairway , then again as we were waiting to pitch on.

The same again on the third , steam was coming out Buster’s ears by now , lashed my second shot out of frustration then heard the bell ring , my ball landed about ten foot away from the bell 😂

got some severe grief from one of them so I apologised as the course was new to me , but told her she should apologise for holding us up on three holes , that fucked her off big style .

We ended up teeing off the 6th? and missed out on a couple of holes .

They had ample opportunities to wave us through in the first three holes , but no way were they going to let us through.

Never been back surprisingly enough.

Thats a shame. Its a cracking course now (a couple of new holes 4th and 5th) about 5 years ago and they have done wonders with the greens which are now superb. Its a shame about those inconsiderate splitties.

Back