2019 Cycling thread

...Ineos and Jumbo to drill it from the start

along with Boras and Quick Step with their 2 riders still having excellent chance for at least a podium finish IMO

Its such a shame that yesterday's stage came to an abrupt halt, especially for Steven Kruiswijk, as it was his plan to attack on that final climb that got cancelled.
The biggest winner from yesterday's stage was therefore Thomas as he would have lost time with no team mates with him, and with him missing or dropping his bottle of fuel just on that descent, which could easily have resulted in Top 3 being Bernal, Alaphilippe and Kruiswijk… now we will never know, and made worse with much shorter stage today so Kruiswijk can't really attack Bernal who must be tired after past 2 days of his attack?
But, it is what it is, so we will just have to see how rest of this tour now unfolds.
Really feel for Kruiswijk though because had we had that final climb yesterday and a full stage/climb today then I don't think that anybody amongst current leaders (top 5) other than Buchmann could have stayed with him... so under circs good fortune for the Ineos/Sky brigade

along with Boras and Quick Step with their 2 riders still having excellent chance for at least a podium finish IMO

Its such a shame that yesterday's stage came to an abrupt halt, especially for Steven Kruiswijk, as it was his plan to attack on that final climb that got cancelled.
The biggest winner from yesterday's stage was therefore Thomas as he would have lost time with no team mates with him, and with him missing or dropping his bottle of fuel just on that descent, which could easily have resulted in Top 3 being Bernal, Alaphilippe and Kruiswijk… now we will never know, and made worse with much shorter stage today so Kruiswijk can't really attack Bernal who must be tired after past 2 days of his attack?
But, it is what it is, so we will just have to see how rest of this tour now unfolds.
Really feel for Kruiswijk though because had we had that final climb yesterday and a full stage/climb today then I don't think that anybody amongst current leaders (top 5) other than Buchmann could have stayed with him... so under circs good fortune for the Ineos/Sky brigade
The joy of this tour is that you can't say with any certainty what would have happened yesterday. Thomas may have been awesome on the last climb

The joy of this tour is that you can't say with any certainty what would have happened yesterday. Thomas may have been awesome on the last climb

Orange tinted glasses....of course Kruijswijk would have crushed everyone yesterday and today.
Of course Bernal would be shit today along with Thomas and all part of the master plan by Jumbo Visma to win yellow for the Dutch masters...

Wasn't Thomas in a group with Kruiswijk, Buchmann, Uran and some other climbers whereas Bernal and Alaphillipe were on their own?

That group was best placed for the final climb in my opinion and Thomas could well have been in yellow if the full race was run.

Last edited:

no, you could tell that Thomas was just holding on in that group, and Kruiswijk's plan at start of that stage was to attack on final climb but it then got cancelled through that snow and mudslide... and like I said, if Bernal was tired after those 2 days attacking then perfect day today for Kruiswijk to do his attack if it been a full stage.

Orange tinted glasses....of course Kruijswijk would have crushed everyone yesterday and today.
Of course Bernal would be shit today along with Thomas and all part of the master plan by Jumbo Visma to win yellow for the Dutch masters...

not so much orange tinted glasses, but more likely your opinion or posts are always going to be leaning towards a GB rider or team like Ineos/Sky ;)

Last edited:
no, you could tell that Thomas was just holding on in that group, and Kruiswijk's plan at start of that stage was to attack on final climb but it then got cancelled through that snow and mudslide... and like I said, if Bernal was tired after those 2 days attacking then perfect day today for Kruiswijk to do his attack if it been a full stage.

not so much orange tinted glasses, but more likely your opinion or posts are always going to be leaning towards a GB rider or team like Ineos/Sky ;)

Thomas was getting a free ride man....he was able to just sit on :rolleyes:

But that’s not true is it...I’ve said on here I would have liked Pinot to win.
I can and do criticise Sky/Ineos as not a fan of any one team or nation.

You however....

Last edited:
...Easy to be wise after, but imagine someone has a horror crash due to snow

this being a point in question... you have either had a memory lapse, or you only follow tours in UK television like the TdF?... or you are on a wind up against Kruiswijk or team Jumbo supporters? :?:

as all cycle fans will be aware, Kruiswijk was a shoo-in for winning the Giro a few years ago (2016) and then had his crash on a descent in unexpected snow storm... but you can't see similarity with the bad luck he had in yesterdays stage that effectively ended his chances of winning this years TdF? :rolleyes:

this being a point in question... you have either had a memory lapse, or you only follow tours in UK television like the TdF?... or you are on a wind up against Kruiswijk or team Jumbo supporters? :?:

as all cycle fans will be aware, Kruiswijk was a shoo-in for winning the Giro a few years ago (2016) and then had his crash on a descent in unexpected snow storm... but you can't see similarity with the bad luck he had in yesterdays stage that effectively ended his chances of winning this years TdF? :rolleyes:

You’re talking shit if you mean when he went into the snow bank :eek:

That wasn’t a snow storm...the road was clear but he lost it and went into snow bank.
That race wasn’t dangerous ffs, in fact hitting the snow bank saved him serious damage.

Desperate this :lol:

Some snow storm this....in short sleeved jersey.
Giro d'Italia: Kruijswijk angry and defeated after crash costs him the pink jersey | Cyclingnews.com

Last edited:
Thomas was getting a free ride man....he was able to just sit on :rolleyes:

But that’s not true is it...I’ve said on here I would have liked Pinot to win.
I can and do criticise Sky/Ineos as not a fan of any one team or nation.

You however....

The blinkered Dutch posting is verging on hysterical at times.

The blinkered Dutch posting is verging on hysterical at times.

Not sure if Dutch or just lives there....

Top SMB fantasy leaguer so better bow to his knowledge

And for the Dutch fanboi....this is Kruijswijk on him being robbed in the Giro
“It was a stupid mistake on the descent. I just screwed up. I was at my limit at the top and wanted to eat and drink something. I was following the others but made a mistake and ended up in the snow bank”

Last edited:
...the road was clear but he lost it and went into snow bank....

you are missing the point (what a surprise :rolleyes:)… if there hadn't been any snowbank he wouldn't have crashed... check the images or footage.

Then yesterday in post 609 you make point about 'crashing due to snow'... Kruiswijk has had very bad luck with losing Giro due to snow back in 2016, and not being able to attack on final climb yesterday in TdF due to snow... and not having a full final stage in mountains today due to snow/weather, etc.
You can go all patronizing with your replies or stance towards Dutch teams, riders or myself (half Dutch/half Scottish if you must know)… and you can pretend all you want that you also criticize a British team or riders, but somebody just has to go back to all your posts and its clear as day.
I am a huge fan of Dutch cycling, teams, etc (never denied that coz I would love them to win everything)... but you are selective in your opinions or posts and therefore you look to me as being the one who talks shite ;)

you are missing the point (what a surprise :rolleyes:)… if there hadn't been any snowbank he wouldn't have crashed... check the images or footage.

Then yesterday in post 609 you make point about 'crashing due to snow'... Kruiswijk has had very bad luck with losing Giro due to snow back in 2016, and not being able to attack on final climb yesterday in TdF due to snow... and not having a full final stage in mountains today due to snow/weather, etc.
You can go all patronizing with your replies or stance towards Dutch teams, riders or myself (half Dutch/half Scottish if you must know)… and you can pretend all you want that you also criticize a British team or riders, but somebody just has to go back to all your posts and its clear as day.
I am a huge fan of Dutch cycling, teams, etc (never denied that coz I would love them to win everything)... but you are selective in your opinions or posts and therefore you look to me as being the one who talks shite ;)

Look at the quote from Kruijswijk I put up....he admitted it was his fault :lol: Did you read it ?

He crashed into a snow bank which cushioned his fall, he admitted he’d fucked up and certainly didn’t lose to snow.
Trying to compare yesterday with snow/ice on roads and a landslide with Giro in 2016 is laughable.

And as for patronising....you were the one explaining that polka jersey is the KOM :eek:

Ta for explaining that one :rolleyes:

Always disappointing when people don't go for it. Looked like Kruijswijk just hung on for 3rd. Didn't really attack. Buchmann may come good next year but reminds me of uran loitering in previous years

The coverage of the last couple of k on the ITV4 coverage was Cak. Basically followed Nibali all the way to the line and then waited for the next few to cross. Showed nowt of the GC rivalry.

This...bang on

We were watching hoping to see any last minute attacks, if it had been the Giro and they concentrated on Nibz fair enough, but not today

Last edited:

Back