2019 Cycling thread

Cheers, that looks canny. Wiggle have a £24 policy for liability cover. They would not insure a bike of my age and value, but looking at policies the excess would likely be more than the value anyway. Just had very through service and it feels like new, shame to think of it as worthless!

Highly recommend British Cycling....too many nobbers about these days so best to keep your arse covered.

Highly recommend British Cycling....too many nobbers about these days so best to keep your arse covered.
Ta. It was people talking on the anti-cycling thread of the month that reminded me I have never had cycle insurance.

I've just been stung for a very large amount for not getting dog insurance so good motivation for paying less than £40 to cover my arse. Next job, make my arse more comfortable on long trips!

Does anyone have any cycle insurance companies they would recommend or avoid? My bike is a 10 year old hybrid that was only around £400 new, so the value is not much to shout about. If I keep things going the way they are, I'm likely to be doing a regular 1.5-2k miles per year, so I just need something for injury and accident cover.

PedalSure comes out pretty cheap. Any good?
Join Cyclling UK. It's not really going to be cost effective to insure the bike.

Hi all, I did the c2c a couple of years back and will be doing it again next month. I had a great little image which had a kit checklist on it, but can’t seem to fine it now.

Does anyone have a kit checklist they can share please?

Hi all, I did the c2c a couple of years back and will be doing it again next month. I had a great little image which had a kit checklist on it, but can’t seem to fine it now.

Does anyone have a kit checklist they can share please?

guess it depends on how many days you do it over and whether you have a support van/car etc ?

god read..Woods always comes across as a good guy

Last edited:
I had an interesting new experience while tootling along a country road on sunday. I was close-passed by a car - nowt new in that but I was tucked right in by the verge because I had heard them coming and the road wasn't very wide so wanted to make it as easy as possible for them to pass. But as they came past I thought fuck that's close as they were just a few inches from me, then I realised that another car was passing them at the same time! Nowt but a few inches between all of us.

I had an interesting new experience while tootling along a country road on sunday. I was close-passed by a car - nowt new in that but I was tucked right in by the verge because I had heard them coming and the road wasn't very wide so wanted to make it as easy as possible for them to pass. But as they came past I thought fuck that's close as they were just a few inches from me, then I realised that another car was passing them at the same time! Nowt but a few inches between all of us.

But it will have been your fault you f***ing lycra lout...

As we break into the second half of the year, how's everyone's yearly goals coming along?

Set myself a goal of 3000KM, having done just over 2500 last year and Strava has me at 1905 YTD so well on course.

Not goals as such...but on target for about the same mileage as usual
Strava didn't load Sunday's ride mind :lol::rolleyes:

Not goals as such...but on target for about the same mileage as usual
Strava didn't load Sunday's ride mind :lol::rolleyes:

i share your pain, garmin express seems to have given me the big fuck off leaving my last few rides stuck on my forerunner with no way of getting them off

i share your pain, garmin express seems to have given me the big fuck off leaving my last few rides stuck on my forerunner with no way of getting them off

Odd that my ride is on Garmin connect but not transferred to Strava.
Was a common problem on Sunday apparently..others since then fine

Hey ho I’ll just have to miss out on the 120 miler when I averaged 21mph :rolleyes:

Did I fuck

Last edited:

Back