**** 2019 Golf Thread ****

I was talking to one of the lads o used to play with there and he reckons the course is in shit state!

Golfers have got no concept of what happens after it snows and rains like
People were twisting it was shut the day after the snow melted.

Golfers have got no concept of what happens after it snows and rains like
People were twisting it was shut the day after the snow melted.
This was before the beast arrived, the lad has been a member there for years and doesn’t think the course is worth the membership fee.

I was a member there and agree to an extent. Still like playing there though.

I've been playing well all winter. My handicap will get hammered when my cards start going in again. I used to play off 14 so I'll be more than happy to get back to that.

Lets wait until the end of year review adjustment and see what ye off then. If your club uses Club Systems V1 it can be quite ruthless to cowboys during the season!!
Don't forget once ye get a card in ye hand in a medal ye arse tends to fall out to some who think they are better than they really are!!

Please let us know. Happy days and best of luck.

Played very well today on a very soggy course. More than pleased 44 points from 17 holes especially as I couldn't hit a short iron to save my life on the back 9.

My 24 handicap won't last long if I keep hitting it this well :oops:
And rightly so. f***ing shark. :lol:

played seaham today should have been closed really heavy
4bbb comp we had 43 pts the other two had 51 pts !!!
Here's another. :lol:

This was before the beast arrived, the lad has been a member there for years and doesn’t think the course is worth the membership fee.

I was a member there and agree to an extent. Still like playing there though.
It is pricey like, I justify it to myself cos it's two courses! I'll be honest we as a group did a bit twisting last year as well. Just little things like the bunkers but they are sorting them now.

It is pricey like, I justify it to myself cos it's two courses! I'll be honest we as a group did a bit twisting last year as well. Just little things like the bunkers but they are sorting them now.
The bunkers is what he was going on about, something to do with the new base in them, reckons it's dangerous!

A lad at Houghton was a member last year at Ramside so I questioned him about it and he backed it up, the lad in question is also a seasonal green keeper. I'm not overly impressed with the second course, some fuckin daft holes.

The bunkers is what he was going on about, something to do with the new base in them, reckons it's dangerous!

A lad at Houghton was a member last year at Ramside so I questioned him about it and he backed it up, the lad in question is also a seasonal green keeper. I'm not overly impressed with the second course, some fuckin daft holes.

Yeah I'll see what they are like when they have sand in them a lot of top courses are using the same system.
7 and 17 are stupid holes. 7 would be a beauty if you used the 6th tee box,they could have had a short par 3 elsewhere. 17 is a daft hole I lay up short of the water anything other than dead straight is in bother.

Yeah I'll see what they are like when they have sand in them a lot of top courses are using the same system.
7 and 17 are stupid holes. 7 would be a beauty if you used the 6th tee box,they could have had a short par 3 elsewhere. 17 is a daft hole I lay up short of the water anything other than dead straight is in bother.
Which hole is the long par 5 where you have to hit a long iron off the tee as it doglegs left?

I also struggle to work out the par 3 (4th) possibly, pitch it on the green and it goes in the stream at the back!

Which hole is the long par 5 where you have to hit a long iron off the tee as it doglegs left?

I also struggle to work out the par 3 (4th) possibly, pitch it on the green and it goes in the stream at the back!
Thats 7, I play that par 3 to the front. I've just clicked I've basically spent the last few posts agreeing with your mate!

Back