**** 2019 Golf Thread ****

There wasn't much activity on the other thread, but was just wondering what people on here's thoughts were on Tiger vs Phil tomorrow?

If they did it 10/15 years ago it would of been fun, now its a load of bollocks IMHO. Is there really anything to get excited about to rich golfers getting richer on the back of a nothing game. It's like two old boxers coming out of retirement for another big payday, it does nothing for the sport.

For the record I think Tiger is going to slap Phil the Thrill silly.

If they did it 10/15 years ago it would of been fun, now its a load of bollocks IMHO. Is there really anything to get excited about to rich golfers getting richer on the back of a nothing game. It's like two old boxers coming out of retirement for another big payday, it does nothing for the sport.

For the record I think Tiger is going to slap Phil the Thrill silly.

I thought that may be the case. I'm not a huge golf fan but can watch the final day of a major, especially if a playoff or the Ryder Cup or something, but this does actually appeal to me a bit. A lot have said similar from what I have read, but at the same time, if you look at the 2019 major odds, Tiger was showing a bit of form and is generally still the favourite with Phil around 20, so while not at their peak, it's not like they are absolutely shot - or it doesn't look like that anyway.

I can certainly imagine if I was a big fan of golf, I'd be hating the concept for the reasons you say and it does feel a bit of an unnecessary cash grab, but as a very causal, I do quite like the idea of no fans in the venue, being mic'd up and a bit of banter around the course. It's on at 8pm so ideal time for the UK market really, but as fa as I can tell, nobody is showing it.

I can actually imagine Hearn engineering something similar in boxing / darts and me absolutely hating it :lol:

I thought that may be the case. I'm not a huge golf fan but can watch the final day of a major, especially if a playoff or the Ryder Cup or something, but this does actually appeal to me a bit. A lot have said similar from what I have read, but at the same time, if you look at the 2019 major odds, Tiger was showing a bit of form and is generally still the favourite with Phil around 20, so while not at their peak, it's not like they are absolutely shot - or it doesn't look like that anyway.

I can certainly imagine if I was a big fan of golf, I'd be hating the concept for the reasons you say and it does feel a bit of an unnecessary cash grab, but as a very causal, I do quite like the idea of no fans in the venue, being mic'd up and a bit of banter around the course. It's on at 8pm so ideal time for the UK market really, but as fa as I can tell, nobody is showing it.

I can actually imagine Hearn engineering something similar in boxing / darts and me absolutely hating it :lol:
On the sky sports app they say they're showing it.

I play golf, a lot, however I don't really watch it on TV apart from the majors and Ryder Cup as most of the time it bores me to death and this would especially as they have no fans on the course and that is a bit shit, that fan cash could of gone to charity at least. Even a bit of fan banter would probably improve the overall match for them and viewers alike.

This, as you mentioned is a bit cash grab and for those that don't need it, though its the States so I expect nothing else. And like you I like the idea of them being mic'd up, something I wish a lot of sports did.

Holed my 2nd shot on the Stoke index 1 15th hole at castle Eden today for 5 pointer. 170 yard 7 iron and ended up with 37 points. Is anyone else getting out much??
Well done. I'm getting out as much as possible but the last three weeks over here have been very wet. I played today and have managed at least once per week from early November since my back was crocked for two weeks.

Holed my 2nd shot on the Stoke index 1 15th hole at castle Eden today for 5 pointer. 170 yard 7 iron and ended up with 37 points. Is anyone else getting out much??

Nice one :p

Aye, twice a week, same with practice. Weather is staying cooperative, still in the 50's. Learning this new course after moving down here, its a bit short but not as easy as it looks.

Well done. I'm getting out as much as possible but the last three weeks over here have been very wet. I played today and have managed at least once per week from early November since my back was crocked for two weeks.

My backs giving me absolute hell at the minute fuck knows what I’ve done to it

I haven’t played in about 4 or 5 weeks enjoying the break tbh might try and get out Sunday

My backs giving me absolute hell at the minute fuck knows what I’ve done to it

I haven’t played in about 4 or 5 weeks enjoying the break tbh might try and get out Sunday
I've been to see a chiropractor over the last month and my last 5 rounds have been 74, 76, 77, 75, 75. My swing has completely changed lol.

I hit my irons lovely at the range last week, just wish I could hit the driver, the 3W and the hybrid anywhere near as good.

Where have you moved to and what course are you playing?
Wilmington, North Carolina. Moved down from NYC and now playing the course 5 minutes walk from the front door called Beau Rivage.

Its taking a bit to get used the bermuda grass, its a bit fecking hard to play it when the ball is stuck right down in it. The same with the grass on the greens, lighting fast and grainy, other than that, simple as shit :lol:

I hit my irons lovely at the range last week, just wish I could hit the driver, the 3W and the hybrid anywhere near as good.
I find I'm always able to hit one or the other well and the other like I've never picked up a club in my life. Then usually whichever I haven't been able to hit on the range I can hit perfectly on the course.

Back