**** 2019 Golf Thread ****

Finally coming Into a bit of form 39 points a couple of weeks ago and 41 points on Friday. Been a while since I've been in the 40s. Only had 17 going out but played back 9 1 under par. Irritating how easy it felt for a change. Sadly none of those rounds have been in comps.

First time playing 18 holes since I started playing again earlier this year. I don't think I could have picked a worse course for it than the very hilly, links style Cleeve Hill golf club, several balls lost in the whispy rough. I seemed to follow an endless pattern of hitting some great shots and getting pars, then not being able to hit the bloody thing on the next hole.

Great to be back out there though, absolutely knackered now.

I'm playing absolutely shite. Shot 85 with only 1 par on the back nine. I hit the ball well but our bunkers are absolutely rotten and unfortunately I hit too many of them. Trying to hit out of the sand with 5mm under the ball is no good. 27 points is my lowest score in a long time. Back to 5.7 now

Castle eden voted last night to suspend the joining fee until we reach 700 members. It was also announced that the membership fee can now be paid over 10 months.
All they need to do now is sack the head greenkeeper and progress will have been made!!
That's canny interesting and I wonder if that news reaches Ramside. Been loads complaining about the state of the greens and I get the feeling some maybe looking elsewhere. Can imagine if Castle Eden have suspended the joining that could tempt a few to go there

That's canny interesting and I wonder if that news reaches Ramside. Been loads complaining about the state of the greens and I get the feeling some maybe looking elsewhere. Can imagine if Castle Eden have suspended the joining that could tempt a few to go there

I wrote to the manager about the greens at Ramside, and some of rumours about more houses . The Cathedral course greens are terrible at the moment but I have rejoined for next year as the response was positive .

Castle eden voted last night to suspend the joining fee until we reach 700 members. It was also announced that the membership fee can now be paid over 10 months.
All they need to do now is sack the head greenkeeper and progress will have been made!!
how many members there at the minute ? could be tempted to join now

I wrote to the manager about the greens at Ramside, and some of rumours about more houses . The Cathedral course greens are terrible at the moment but I have rejoined for next year as the response was positive .
Heard the same about the houses.

I find both course greens being really poor, although last week on the Bishops they were a bit better. What also annoys me about the greens is how different they are between holes, never mind courses.

Good on you for writing to them about it though.

Played the City at Newcastle last Tuesday.

Birdie
Birdie
Par
Par

For the first four holes , best golf I’ve ever played until the turn then fucked up again as usual.

38 points for 17 holes , quite unhappy when I walked off considering the start.

My putting has improved no end since I ditched the blade and went to a mallet with more weight in it. Seems much easier to keep the putter back and through on a nice arc.

Whoo hoo hole in one today , first one in the last 14 yrs. Playing off 18 at M'bro municipal Hole 2 188 yds . Hit a 3 wood one bounce and a roll into the hole and 5 points .
Get a trophy at the club and our club is in the How Did I do web site Club so a nice Hugo Boss watch worth £300 heading my way.
Poor the rest of the round finished with 33 points.

Off this week and trying to get a few rounds key. Played Ramside cathedral course yesterday, and hit 39
out 16 in 23

Playing princes Wednesday

Just come back from turnberry and every man who plays golf needs to play the Ailsa. It's f***ing unbelievable.
I scored 32 points on the King Robert the Bruce course and 33 on the Ailsa. I was 3 under after 6 on the Ailsa but tired really badly and only come back with 12 points. A lad playing off 1 ended up with 41 points going around in 68.

Back