**** 2019 Golf Thread ****

Went down to my local club here in Italy yesterday to play 9 holes on my own (I have a book of tickets that allows me to play as a visitor - after which I may join if I'm allowed)
Met up with a member on the tee who suggested we play together (and who then corralled 2 others for a four-ball) was a nice experience - just like the UK really RE banter etc

Golf was a bit erratic - but I did nail a 180 yard par 3 to 5 foot - and missed (obviously) :confused:

There's only 80,000 golfers in Italy apparently!

Jaysus, always these ‘tee lice’ hanging around the first hole.

There’s a reason the kernts aren’t ‘fixed up’ fuhhherking wall eyed misfits.

Went down to my local club here in Italy yesterday to play 9 holes on my own (I have a book of tickets that allows me to play as a visitor - after which I may join if I'm allowed)
Met up with a member on the tee who suggested we play together (and who then corralled 2 others for a four-ball) was a nice experience - just like the UK really RE banter etc

Golf was a bit erratic - but I did nail a 180 yard par 3 to 5 foot - and missed (obviously) :confused:

There's only 80,000 golfers in Italy apparently!

In a few years the UK will be the same sadly.

Shaping up to be a great finish in the lasses open. Haway Georgia!! Eagle chance at 15 now
Perfect tee shot at the 17th there while Phatlum is in the bunker.

In a few years the UK will be the same sadly.
Seems to be heading that way with clubs seemingly not bothering to try and get more youngsters playing. Thankfully not all are taking that attitude, I took by 2 lads to our local 9 hole club today. They offer free club hire for kids as well as cheap lessons with the pro during the holidays. It's certainly sparked some interest for them.

Played Tynemouth today for my second round. I've been prepreparing by going to the driving range and I was not prepared at all. Played really bad, then then my last shot, I hole a put from off the green which must be around 15-20 yards and now I really want to play again!

Played Tynemouth today for my second round. I've been prepreparing by going to the driving range and I was not prepared at all. Played really bad, then then my last shot, I hole a put from off the green which must be around 15-20 yards and now I really want to play again!
That's the shot which gets you to go back next time. There is always one.

I played at Wilmslow today and nailed a perfect drive on the first with a touch of draw, down the slight breeze with bone hard ground and the fucker went 300 yards. Typically this left me with a really awkward 70 yard pitch shot which I proceeded to fail to get to hold the green.

The time has come for me to get an electric trolley , sad but a fact.
What do members think are the best options?
Powacaddy, Motocaddy, etc , any others ?
It’s an investment given the prices so would appreciate your thoughts .

Just signed up with a club again after 12 months of dabbling. Packed in as a member in 2005, was half decent and played off 5, submitted 3 cards for a new handicap and been given 9. Promptly went out in the Midweek Medal and shot a Nett 84 :eek::lol:

Playing this afternoon after work, been too hot and the fairways are hammered these last few weeks.

Just signed up with a club again after 12 months of dabbling. Packed in as a member in 2005, was half decent and played off 5, submitted 3 cards for a new handicap and been given 9. Promptly went out in the Midweek Medal and shot a Nett 84 :eek::lol:

Playing this afternoon after work, been too hot and the fairways are hammered these last few weeks.
Where have you joined?

Back