*********2018 Cycling Thread********

Delivery costs too much.

Some canny little bargains to be had mind...even if delivery on top

Speaking of bargains

Le col have their heritage bibs in a sale and If using the Strava £50 quid code brings them down to £80 with free delivery...
That’s a 100 quid saving

This may be a stupid question, but I'm going to plough on regardless...has anyone replaced the stickers/decals on a bike frame?

I'm building up a bike for one of my sons and after repainting the frame have bought some replacement decals off EBay - but when I come to put them on the bike because all the stickers are identical they don't run in the same direction on either side of the down tube or forks - it looks like the stickers need to mirror each other. However looking at other sites that sell frame decals they all seem to be the same.

What am I missing??

This may be a stupid question, but I'm going to plough on regardless...has anyone replaced the stickers/decals on a bike frame?

I'm building up a bike for one of my sons and after repainting the frame have bought some replacement decals off EBay - but when I come to put them on the bike because all the stickers are identical they don't run in the same direction on either side of the down tube or forks - it looks like the stickers need to mirror each other. However looking at other sites that sell frame decals they all seem to be the same.

What am I missing??
But if the stickers went in the same direction either side of say the downtube the name would have to be spelled backwards on one side, Shirley?

But if the stickers went in the same direction either side of say the downtube the name would have to be spelled backwards on one side, Shirley?

I think I need to take some time off work... Just looked at my own bikes and sure enough the stickers run in different directions. Left to right strangely enough!

This has been rumoured for some months now, with the Sky takeover and departure of James Murdoch. So I would expect that Brailsford will have been on it for a while - whatever you think of him he is very forward-looking in his approach to running things. If nowt else it will be interesting to see what he comes up with, whether it be replacement big sponsor, some sort of transformation or creative exit strategy or whatever. I can't imagine he would want to just carry on plugging away as just another team in the peloton.

This has been rumoured for some months now, with the Sky takeover and departure of James Murdoch. So I would expect that Brailsford will have been on it for a while - whatever you think of him he is very forward-looking in his approach to running things. If nowt else it will be interesting to see what he comes up with, whether it be replacement big sponsor, some sort of transformation or creative exit strategy or whatever. I can't imagine he would want to just carry on plugging away as just another team in the peloton.

I agree that Brailsford unlikely to want to be just another team.

Suggestions they're looking at non UK countries ( Colombia even being mentioned...cue the "meds" jokes)
Have quite a long time to find a new backer compared to some teams which have folded within a few months

My goal for this year is to go on a bicycle holiday to Spain. I have contacted this company Saiklin in Girona (Costa Brava) that gives us accommodation, restaurants and bicycles.

The 100 climbs challenge: The riders who set out to conquer them all - Cycling Weekly

Mad bastards....made me laugh that bit about two off them gunning absolutely every climb as if it’s their last
Good read that, there’s quite a few of those climbs I’ve done and some I’d love to avoid!

Just caught up on the thread, how are you feeling now?

My goal for this year is to go on a bicycle holiday to Spain. I have contacted this company Saiklin in Girona (Costa Brava) that gives us accommodation, restaurants and bicycles.
I went in May to Majorca and it was superb

Last edited:

We went cycling Girona in September. While the city itself is superb personally don't think a patch on Mallorca.
Easter ( Mallorca )already booked and will hopefully manage lads Mallorca trip again.
Think Easter will be my tenth time there :cool:

Back