*********2018 Cycling Thread********

and so it begins - ASO trying to block Froome from the startline

One school of thought is that ASO must be confident that Froome will be sanctioned, because if not they are setting themselves up for a big legal payout( potentially)

Guessing showing brand( race) is damaged by Froome racing will be hard without an actual doping sanction.

Why leave it till 6 days before, they could have done this weeks ago, when Lappartiant made it clear an outcome would by unlikely before the tour start.

Right clusterfuck

Wrong approach. Buy a bigger car.

Good car though but. Maybe buy another car then. n+1 and all that

What kind of folding bike did you get?

How long did that take you?
I think about 16 hours all in? I had to take a time out as I was on the verge of heatstroke :lol: Sat in the Braemar control with half a dozen bottles of iced water down my jersey for a 90minutes. Quite a few DNFs to the heat. Tough day out.

One school of thought is that ASO must be confident that Froome will be sanctioned, because if not they are setting themselves up for a big legal payout( potentially)

Guessing showing brand( race) is damaged by Froome racing will be hard without an actual doping sanction.

Why leave it till 6 days before, they could have done this weeks ago, when Lappartiant made it clear an outcome would by unlikely before the tour start.

Right clusterfuck

they've been hoping that he'll be sanctioned for ages - he has'nt so they move on

do this disrepute thing too early - ASO get screwed

do it too late - emergency session of the french court where they all end up, and ASO end up screwed

do it now - they have a chance to make the charge stick, and if they do win then it reduces the time Froome has to go to CAS

was always going to happen really

Presumably we won't get to see the detail of the case made by Froome around kidney malfunction or whatever. Difficult to see how they can pull anyone up in the future now for adverse findings on excessive Salbutamol levels.

Aye, I'd imagine the whole salbutamol situation will be reviewed.
Looking at the history of Salbutamol with regards drug testing it seems to have constantly changing( almost hokey cokey with regards being in/out situation)

Despite it seeming to have been WADA advising them how to proceed I think it won't satisfy any anti Froome/Sky bods
Some will also argue ( and I wouldn't disagree) that it was only because Sky had the resources to challenge the case as others haven't been able to, that WADA etc were convinced.

Waiting for Hinaults response :lol:

Bit of advice folks from those that have knowledge of Walney to Whitby and Way of the Roses routes. Are there any parts that are unsuitable for road bikes between Barnard Castle and Whitby on W2W and Bridlington to York on WOTR?

Bit of advice folks from those that have knowledge of Walney to Whitby and Way of the Roses routes. Are there any parts that are unsuitable for road bikes between Barnard Castle and Whitby on W2W and Bridlington to York on WOTR?
I'm pretty sure all of the W2W from Barnard castle is ok. Although I have never managed to do it without getting lost. The bit I have done between Barnie and tan hill definitely isn't, not sure if there is a road alternative @Dave Herbal might know

I'm pretty sure all of the W2W from Barnard castle is ok. Although I have never managed to do it without getting lost. The bit I have done between Barnie and tan hill definitely isn't, not sure if there is a road alternative @Dave Herbal might know
There is a road alternative (think it might be the Stang) but you can do it on a road bike if you’re not soft.

Back