**** 2017 Golf Thread ****

I've just got back from watching a bit of the Lytham Trophy. Some of the top amateurs in the World are playing there, one group shot 89, 90 and 94. It's a bit windy.

91 around Roseberry grange ... the course was in great nick Tbf

Too many penalty shots for me could have been a really good round

Ooooh, That's a bit f***ing swanky.

Silloth for me on Sunday - ditto your comments.
Ya right it was, proper swanky...gorgeous place. Well worth it in may, had a 2 bedroom golf suite overlooking clubhouse.

Loads of oldies playing like, rich oldies i reckon, french, american and briits with some nordic countries thrown in.

Course was intresting, although short very technical due to some tight fairways, loads of trees and loads overhanging into the fairways, clever bunkers and cracking technical greens.

Had a couple of sessions in vilarouma, laods of golf societies, some cracking pubs down the harbour.

Ya right it was, proper swanky...gorgeous place. Well worth it in may, had a 2 bedroom golf suite overlooking clubhouse.

Loads of oldies playing like, rich oldies i reckon, french, american and briits with some nordic countries thrown in.

Course was intresting, although short very technical due to some tight fairways, loads of trees and loads overhanging into the fairways, clever bunkers and cracking technical greens.

Had a couple of sessions in vilarouma, laods of golf societies, some cracking pubs down the harbour.
Sounds like a good trip. The course at Pine Cliffs is a bit tricky with a rather long par 3 on the cliff edge IIRC.

Took an early dart and played a round followed by a chippy tea. It's what Fridays are for.

Last edited:
Dunno if you can get them Rob, I've had a quick look on eBay and you might be able to adapt a phone holder for a car.
You can get them for bikes so I'm sure you'll get one to fit or easily adapt to a trolley.

Last edited:
79-8-71 in tricky conditions at St Annes Old Links today. I was in third place when I left but still plenty of the field to finish their rounds. Should be back down to 7 as a result. Disappointing bogeys on the last two holes to finish particularly as they are both par 5s.

Back