**** 2017 Cycling Thread ****

Winter baselayer and thermal bodysuit( they are f***ing class) as well as jacket.

Merino glove liners, gloves and outer lobster mitts.....buff and skullcap

Side streets were a bit sketchy....because of all my laters and gloves I was struggling for a piss mind

Winter baselayer and thermal bodysuit( they are f***ing class) as well as jacket.

Merino glove liners, gloves and outer lobster mitts.....buff and skullcap

Side streets were a bit sketchy....because of all my laters and gloves I was struggling for a piss mind

You need a CX with git nobblies on for winter man. The absolute future 2nd winter on mine and love it more every day.

You need a CX with git nobblies on for winter man. The absolute future 2nd winter on mine and love it more every day.

Am getting a new winter bike next year....but still think I'll stick to pure road bike, albeit I might go for 25 tyres rather than 23's...

Slow today but winter miles and all that...plus harder turbo yesterday, or rather it was hard on my arse

Am getting a new winter bike next year....but still think I'll stick to pure road bike, albeit I might go for 25 tyres rather than 23's...

Slow today but winter miles and all that...plus harder turbo yesterday, or rather it was hard on my arse

It's not just the tyres it's the brakes, and the fact that if the weather's crap you can take to the lines. Still getting them winter miles in.

It's not just the tyres it's the brakes, and the fact that if the weather's crap you can take to the lines. Still getting them winter miles in.

Had a pure road bike for all my winters, all my miles done on road, brakes are nee bother and despite others not liking them not had a puncture with Hardshell gatorskins for all the years I've been using them.
No targets this year ?

I wore long fingered gloves today. It's getting nippy like.

Walter with his " I'm rock" shtick.....:lol:

He still forgets we saw him turning blue and crying for his ma on the C2C

c
Had a pure road bike for all my winters, all my miles done on road, brakes are nee bother and despite others not liking them not had a puncture with Hardshell gatorskins for all the years I've been using them.
No targets this year ?

Walter with his " I'm rock" shtick.....:lol:

He still forgets we saw him turning blue and crying for his ma on the C2C

No real targets for me but would love to do from home to Whitehaven (with coast to home done the day before) to do a C2C2C but that's about 110 miles, probably into the wind on a CX. Need to get way fitter.

c

No real targets for me but would love to do from home to Whitehaven (with coast to home done the day before) to do a C2C2C but that's about 110 miles, probably into the wind on a CX. Need to get way fitter.

wheres home??

some of us (not me, i'm not crazy) did a C2C2C in 3 days whilst we were doing the normal route

so they did Tynemouth - Greystokes, Greystokes - Greystokes, Greystokes - Tynemouth

but days 1 & 3 were the top way via Hexham rather than the standard route to avoid having to do the miles and the climbs

Brailsford has handled it appallingly....not sure if doping took place ( veer towards probably not )BUT he's gone on like a twat. And even if not doping the TUE is damaging

The motor story last night was bollox mind....Sky TT bikes "heavier" because of motor...there's a big list on TT forum showing all the weights of various TT bikes and the difference in weights is really noticeable.
They don't have even the heaviest bike in the peloton, so that's a load of shite.
And unlike normal UCI rules with minimum bike weights, these for obvioys reasons don't apply to TT bikes

wheres home??

some of us (not me, i'm not crazy) did a C2C2C in 3 days whilst we were doing the normal route

so they did Tynemouth - Greystokes, Greystokes - Greystokes, Greystokes - Tynemouth

but days 1 & 3 were the top way via Hexham rather than the standard route to avoid having to do the miles and the climbs

Home is W of Darlo, I have a canny route to Ullswater then would pick up the C2C up but without the random up and down mountains. Reckon it's about 110 miles though :(

wheres home??

Thats alot of riding around greystokes

Back