**** 2017 Cycling Thread ****

Anyone entered London-Edinburgh-London?
:eek: No :D
Had a scenic ride up to Houghton le Spring on the CX yesterday, trying to use as much of the W2W as possible,.DCC have dug it up on the riverbank so lost it and took to the roads. Not wanting to end up on the A690 I kept a little bit too South. Still miles is miles and got what I set out for.
Somehow managed to lose my Garmin, wasn't too worried as I thought it would turn up rolling about in the care or somewhere. Next thing I get an email of Garmin to say it had been found. This fine Gentleman found it, rang the police absolutely NFI, and then rang Garmin who contacted me. We swapped addresses and hey ho. I have it back.
Here's the Strava

:eek: No :D
Had a scenic ride up to Houghton le Spring on the CX yesterday, trying to use as much of the W2W as possible,.DCC have dug it up on the riverbank so lost it and took to the roads. Not wanting to end up on the A690 I kept a little bit too South. Still miles is miles and got what I set out for.
Somehow managed to lose my Garmin, wasn't too worried as I thought it would turn up rolling about in the care or somewhere. Next thing I get an email of Garmin to say it had been found. This fine Gentleman found it, rang the police absolutely NFI, and then rang Garmin who contacted me. We swapped addresses and hey ho. I have it back.
Here's the Strava

Canny if him..;)

Bloody cold this morning mind
Woolie boolie and winter boots and feet still cold

Gonna book Mallorca for 5 days in May but not been before. Am I right in thinking Peurta Pollensa is a good base to get to the mountains but have a few bars to go to in a night? Also, is it easy enough to find the best roads or do I really need to get a guide?

Gonna book Mallorca for 5 days in May but not been before. Am I right in thinking Peurta Pollensa is a good base to get to the mountains but have a few bars to go to in a night? Also, is it easy enough to find the best roads or do I really need to get a guide?

Going at Easter which will be my seventh time...and then hopefully with @Oswald Ballbag in September ?
PP or Port Alcudia the main bases for cyclists. Both have restaurants and bars, PA I prefer as the Port is nice and a cracking beach as well as some canny bars.

Both are handy for Tramuntana mountains...
Roads are easy to find your way about. The supermarkets sell cycling maps with all the main cycling roads and climbs noted, very hard to miss them as you will see loads of cyclists heading one way from PP or PA towards mountains( the main way into them from that end of Island is up Col .Femenia ( Road on way there recently resurfaced ;))

Certainly don't need a guide, but if you wanted to tag along in a group ride check out Pro Cycling hire or Tolos bar.

Are you hiring bikes ? If so give me a shout and I can give you some suggestions.
I always hire a bike, they are in top condition, and at the end of holiday just hand it back, no dismantling or packing bollox

Just picked up a 2nd hand tacx vortex trainer, a few questions for those in the know
It's got a 2 pin plug, can you use a standard UK shaver adaptor plug or better to get a proper euro adaptor?
Is it worth getting an Ant+ dongle and if so what are the better apps or software to use
Is there a cheap and easy way of getting the Tacx Trainer software (like free cheap)

Just picked up a 2nd hand tacx vortex trainer, a few questions for those in the know
It's got a 2 pin plug, can you use a standard UK shaver adaptor plug or better to get a proper euro adaptor?
Is it worth getting an Ant+ dongle and if so what are the better apps or software to use
Is there a cheap and easy way of getting the Tacx Trainer software (like free cheap)

Sorry mate....old school with my turbo sessions.
I've got half a dozen or so different ones I use( old ones that I was set a few years back and as less fit I've un scientifically knocked off 20% or so from hr ranges)

The most I do tech wise is having I pad with Springsteen concerts playing...no zwift or owt I'm afraid

Going at Easter which will be my seventh time...and then hopefully with @Oswald Ballbag in September ?
PP or Port Alcudia the main bases for cyclists. Both have restaurants and bars, PA I prefer as the Port is nice and a cracking beach as well as some canny bars.

Both are handy for Tramuntana mountains...
Roads are easy to find your way about. The supermarkets sell cycling maps with all the main cycling roads and climbs noted, very hard to miss them as you will see loads of cyclists heading one way from PP or PA towards mountains( the main way into them from that end of Island is up Col .Femenia ( Road on way there recently resurfaced ;))

Certainly don't need a guide, but if you wanted to tag along in a group ride check out Pro Cycling hire or Tolos bar.

Are you hiring bikes ? If so give me a shout and I can give you some suggestions.
I always hire a bike, they are in top condition, and at the end of holiday just hand it back, no dismantling or packing bollox

Spot on cheers- we're hiring bikes so I'll PM you nearer the time for some advice- appreciated mate.

Any ideas on shoes? not the clips, been looking and the ones I've had in the past have been destroyed by mud, cushioning lack of waterproofing. I know its trivial.

Any ideas on shoes? not the clips, been looking and the ones I've had in the past have been destroyed by mud, cushioning lack of waterproofing. I know its trivial.
MTB? My first ones were the Aldi ones absolutely brilliant, wore them till they literally fell to bits. get a bit of pain in my toes though on long hard rides that I don't get when I wear my roadie ones. Decided to get some slightly better ones so went for Specialized, no different. It's over shoes that protect them. I have two sets a set of DHB winter ones that are almost like wellies and protect me from every thing. Then a set of ;lighter ones that are canny for early/late summer

Back