**** 2017 Cycling Thread ****

What's you real name ? Thought you here on list of SMB red having done Peth....done Howden even more than Peth...another fucker( the false flats at top get me every time) :evil: as you say straight so can cane it downhill

i had to google Howden Bank as i did'nt know which one you were on about

Never realised Maiden Law Bank was actually called Howden Bank - only took me 42 years to find that out

:)

i had to google Howden Bank as i did'nt know which one you were on about

Never realised Maiden Law Bank was actually called Howden Bank - only took me 42 years to find that out

:)

I checked strava yesterday and Howden bank only has a downhill segment. Strange. I did it about 6 months back. I'll see if i can find it and check it on my ride.

Aye...the other way to Maiden Law is the way I went yesterday ( Long Edge climb) which takes you through Burnhope to ML
Not as tough as the other two but still sections of 13%

you mean Charlaw surely

;)

bloody foreigners, coming into Derwentside, calling our climbs by strange names

;)

Making that up....;)
Strava calls it Long Edge so that will do for me :lol:

Plus according to Strava I'm the only SMB'er to go up it :eek:

well that cant be right :

Charlaw - Long Edge was part of the course for Durham Beast and Acornclose - Charlaw - Long Edge was part of Durham Big Ride

you looking at the right segement?, i can find 16 of us with times on Long Edge alone, and 5 of us with times up Charlaw

More controversy involving Moscon

http://www.cyclingnews.com/news/reichenbach-files-complaints-against-moscon-with-police-and-uci/

Surely other riders will have witnessed this and will be able to confirm what actually happened but it doesn’t exactly look good for Moscon and if he wasn’t ridiculously talent I suspect Sky would have got shot of him already

If Moscon did what was claimed he'll deserve any punishment he gets...eben with his talent I've got a feeling Sky would bin him.

Remains to be seen if there was owt in it or whether FDJ arecuding it as a stick to beat him with over the racist stuff
(Far more serious in my view...or at least as bad)

well zwift has now been setup

just killed myself with the 45minute ftp test

whats a good score for an overwieght 40 something??

;)

well i think it was 218 watts (so about 2.5 w.kg) - but the zwift display is so poor that i cant be sure

my strava says i avergaed 204 for the full ride but that obviously involves the warm up and the warm down

Got a power meter ? Could just do the normal/outside ftp test....don't have zwift nor understand it really :lol:

not posh enough for a power meter

so basic trainer with speed & cadence sensor for me

So do you put weight etc into zwift and based on time/distance it calculates your ftp?

Not got access to a wattbike ( loads of gym s have them now) that could give you an accurate one ?

Back