**** 2017 Cycling Thread ****

Prefer full new Tiara for winter bike rather than 105/tekro mix. And no way do I want a white winter bike ;)
Planet X has mudguard mounts( will be my winter bike) the finishing kit is normally great bang for buck as well

Not after disc....agree that both Giant bikes look decent value mind

Talking of sales....clearly last day or two of Rapha sales....some of the discounts are now getting down to 60%

Still not cheap of course

Last edited:
Prefer full new Tiara for winter bike rather than 105/tekro mix. And no way do I want a white winter bike ;)
Planet X has mudguard mounts( will be my winter bike) the finishing kit is normally great bang for buck as well

Not after disc....agree that both Giant bikes look decent value mind

Talking of sales....clearly last day or two of Rapha sales....some of the discounts are now getting down to 60%

Still not cheap of course

Fair points, I was putting them up more as alternatives for anyone looking for a first time road bike rather than a winter bike

Fair points, I was putting them up more as alternatives for anyone looking for a first time road bike rather than a winter bike

Oh I agree they're v good value for first road bike...
Any case by next autumn sure the PX is no longer an option and I'll still be looking around :lol:

No Durham Big Ride or Beast this year. To expensive to run and falling numbers apparently. Must admit I am not a massive fan of sportives, preferring smaller less anti social groups, but did enjoy my attempts at this one.

No Durham Big Ride or Beast this year. To expensive to run and falling numbers apparently. Must admit I am not a massive fan of sportives, preferring smaller less anti social groups, but did enjoy my attempts at this one.

thats disappointing, i think its a cop out as well - DBR seemed as busy as ever last year, and whilst the Beast was'nt as busy as normal there was still a fair few

Back