**** 2017 Cycling Thread ****

I do the Hetton > Murton > Seaham > Murton > Hetton route but now need a bit more variety.
Go on the planning tools on Strava or mapmyride and make some up, just plot routes along whiter roads which will be safer and more scenic.

Turn left on the way to Hetton and go through Haswell, Wingate etc then loop back south

I think the gearing should be fine. I've always liked my granny wheel, but I'll just have to learn to ride like @Sneech and go hell for leather for 15 seconds then have a rest.
For the next couple of months I'll pretty much just be doing the old railway line from Ryhope and adding a few miles on each time.

Aren't you up in scotch land anymore?

Are you looking to up distances/time ?

A sort of loop which could cover that sort area ( I do this to/from Sunderland) would take in coast easington, shotton,black hall to Hartlepool, then 689 ( I think) head past wynyard, past sedgfefield, to rushyford, then 167 north and got your choice when to head east to easington( sherburn way or castle Eden way)

Think lopping off the Sunderland bit about 40 miles ? But guessing this bit mind

Still commuting pretty much most days and out Sunday mornings.
Kiss of death...but here's to another mild winter.

Last few weeks been mainly turbo and been getting some back in swing of it...first ride outside today for over a week.
Hopefully decent weekend allows some miles in.

Got a thermal skinsuit ordered so watch the balmy days arrive :evil:

Last few weeks been mainly turbo and been getting some back in swing of it...first ride outside today for over a week.
Hopefully decent weekend allows some miles in.

Got a thermal skinsuit ordered so watch the balmy days arrive :evil:
My Bib longs are wrecked. thought I might have a look at dome Assos ones :eek: Think my old DHBs will do another month or two especially now the weather's going to get better.

Still commuting pretty much most days and out Sunday mornings.
Kiss of death...but here's to another mild winter.
Will have to try to get together for a look out one weekend.

My Bib longs are wrecked. thought I might have a look at dome Assos ones :eek: Think my old DHBs will do another month or two especially now the weather's going to get better.

Will have to try to get together for a look out one weekend.

My warmest bib tights are dhb ones( warmer than Castelli ones and others I've had)
Thermal skinsuit can double as a onesie I can veg out and watch telly in ;)

Back