2015 Cycling thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Best just to hire imo, less hassle. Not expensive either.

This...think about 40 quid each way ish
Can hire a decent bike for that and hand it back at end of holiday. .
Good bikes normally and well maintained.
If unlucky enough to get a mechanical
they will come out and sort you out.
In @Oswald Ballbag case this year came and dropped off replacement bike.

Would have been a right fuck on if our own bikes

Just looking at various sites as probably booking for Easter in next day or so (stopping at the hotel sky just been to :)). Also checked bike hire place we've used previously and its about 90 quid for 7 days.
That's for a cannondale ultegra bike so canny.

Weather shit tomorrow so looks like gym or turbo:rolleyes:

Last edited:
:lol:

Did another 115km today, leaves me with 80km to go for that daft Festive 500 thing.

Weather fine today.....easyish 3 and quarter hours with bit of climbing
3 hours yesterday so approaching 9500 by year end

And that's miles for all you km wankers ;)

Booked majora Easter as well....:cool:

Will make tentative enquirers about who might fancy September trip there later.
@Oswald Ballbag putting in early work to get pass out from missus

Weather fine today.....easyish 3 and quarter hours with bit of climbing
3 hours yesterday so approaching 9500 by year end

And that's miles for all you km wankers ;)

Booked majora Easter as well....:cool:

Will make tentative enquirers about who might fancy September trip there later.
@Oswald Ballbag putting in early work to get pass out from missus
I had little run out on the Rose yesterday, taking me to about 1400 over the year, which is so embarrassing that I probably shouldn't even be posting on here.

I had little run out on the Rose yesterday, taking me to about 1400 over the year, which is so embarrassing that I probably shouldn't even be posting on here.

Good time of the year to be looking ahead and planning (allowing for injuries and other commitments) to get more riding in for 2016 ??

Majorca would give you a target to aim for ;)

Good time of the year to be looking ahead and planning (allowing for injuries and other commitments) to get more riding in for 2016 ??

Majorca would give you a target to aim for ;)
Spain in Feb is the first one, will take the right Garmin this time so at least I cam record all my miles.

Can anyone advise on leg warmers for tall skinny people? I'm 6'2" & 78Kg. Thinking of splashing out on some Assos jobbies but facing the usual problem of finding the right size that is both long enough & not baggy. Often L is too short & XL is for fat bastards.

Can anyone advise on leg warmers for tall skinny people? I'm 6'2" & 78Kg. Thinking of splashing out on some Assos jobbies but facing the usual problem of finding the right size that is both long enough & not baggy. Often L is too short & XL is for fat bastards.

A short arse so often have the problem that arm and leg warmers are too long
Don't know about sizing but the endura ones I've got have lasted years and do the job nicely

Shame about Scott burns 2 masters hours attempts.....guessing you were following
?

I just use DHB Bib longs. tall but not skinny enough at the moment. On my 2nd winter with them now and they compare very favourably with Assos shorts.

I wouldn't worry about it like. I've did nothing this year, what with going back to school and that. In fact, this weeks riding alone has made December my fourth most productive month of the year.

Can anyone advise on leg warmers for tall

Yes!

skinny people?

Nor. :-(

Anyone seen the YouTube Sagan "you're the one that I want" vid ?

f***ing hell man :lol::lol:

Daft fucker is even starting to win me round :eek:

Don't know how to do links etc on new tablet thingy :oops:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back