2015 Cycling thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

elder

Striker
anyone seen this? it happened the other day up on the north coast of new south wales. they were doing around 50kmh when it happened and the lad walked away from it with a couple of scratches. i hope he bought a lottery ticket...

My road bike will be out in vengeance this year. Hopefully taking me up hills. Not mountains ....

Nice one..

I plan to cut back on quantity and if ever get back problem sorted up the quality...we will see;)
Certainly won't be racing in march

Nice one..

I plan to cut back on quantity and if ever get back problem sorted up the quality...we will see;)
Certainly won't be racing in march
At 44 my back isn't great either. A physiological once told me to make you muscles stronger in the upper body. The back stroke in swimming is said to be ideal.

Good luck !

anyone seen this? it happened the other day up on the north coast of new south wales. they were doing around 50kmh when it happened and the lad walked away from it with a couple of scratches. i hope he bought a lottery ticket...

Nasty that one mind. Similar to the pro one earlier this year. Fella/s in front should have signalled the danger mind.

What's everyones 2015 goals?

@Flavonoids @monkeytassle @Manuel @percy @Manchester Black Cat @Hitchin Exile @Captain Slackbladder @SteveB @Oswald Ballbag blah blah blah

At 44 my back isn't great either. A physiological once told me to make you muscles stronger in the upper body. The back stroke in swimming is said to be ideal.

Good luck !

And you mate...
47 myself.
Doing loads of core work and stretching as well as pilates and odd yoga class. Helped with flexibility etc but not sorted out back pain.

Just think spending hours a week on tri bars isn't good for you.
Used to swim a lot but hard to find the time

Nasty that one mind. Similar to the pro one earlier this year. Fella/s in front should have signalled the danger mind.

@Flavonoids @monkeytassle @Manuel @percy @Manchester Black Cat @Hitchin Exile @Captain Slackbladder @SteveB @Oswald Ballbag blah blah blah

Missed me you twat. ..virtually neighbour as well :lol:

Goal 1 - Fix Bicycle
Goal 2 - Fix Knee
Goal 3 - Ride more miles than 2014

I'm doing a half marathon in Feb (Got talked into it by two girls at work...) and as part of training for that I've fucked my knee up. I'm going to see a physio on Monday ... I can't walk up or down stairs at the moment without getting a stabbing pain under kneecap, and if i walk more than a mile I get a dull ache in the knee.

i did similar on my way to work (summersault over the bars), except i was going a bit slower and snapped my collar bone in 2 places. can't believe he walked away from it.

my goal for this year is not to end up in the emergency ward :)

Goal 1 - Fix Bicycle
Goal 2 - Fix Knee

I'm doing a half marathon in Feb (Got talked into it by two girls at work...) and as part of training for that I've fucked my knee up. I'm going to see a physio on Monday ... I can't walk up or down stairs at the moment without getting a stabbing pain under kneecap, and if i walk more than a mile I get a dull ache in the knee.

Seriously mate I don't know many runners who aren't constantly fucked injury wise.
That's why most of us end up on the bike.
Physio once said the hammer legs and feet take when pounding pavements causes loads of injuries

i did similar on my way to work (summersault over the bars), except i was going a bit slower and snapped my collar bone in 2 places. can't believe he walked away from it.

my goal for this year is not to end up in the emergency ward :)

Goal 1 - Fix Bicycle
Goal 2 - Fix Knee

Runnings not natural man.

Seriously mate I don't know many runners who aren't constantly fucked injury wise.
That's why most of us end up on the bike.
Physio once said the hammer legs and feet take when pounding pavements causes loads of injuries

I did tough mudder and I think something broke inside, I played 5 aside all summer, no problem. Trained for tough mudder running at lunch etc, no problem. Did tough mudder and it hurt. Had two weeks off all sport, then every single run since my knee has flared up a bit. All i've done is relatively moderate runs on lunch hour, exactly as before TM. Hopefully physio gives me some exercises to sort it out.

I just seen this on reddit, it's the kind of thing you'd expect to see in @Al living room

http://imgur.com/r/bicycling/Yv4Wl1W

Last edited:

No idea yet . . . not been out for ages (since I broke my ribs falling off). . . just got myself one of these bad boys for Xmas though

http://www.evanscycles.com/products...gclid=CJOGteCi9sICFagSwwodcHoAEw&gclsrc=aw.ds

Need to sign up for some daft rides to give me something to train for

What happened? Cannot figure it out

What happened? Cannot figure it out

there's loads of debris on the road that he hits, can't make out what it is but possibly some metal pipe(?) i'm surprised he didn't see it or like walt says no one alerted him to it. it was a time trial so they were going for it.

Looked that turbo...is that the one that's almost silent ?
Like the look of that

Its completely silent at the moment :)

I'm a lazy sod so not been on it yet -- set it up tonight though but my bike needs a good wash before I can hook it properly

there's loads of debris on the road that he hits, can't make out what it is but possibly some metal pipe(?) i'm surprised he didn't see it or like walt says no one alerted him to it. it was a time trial so they were going for it.

Great reactions from the guy who ends up in the road side

Perfect timing this..I'm out in the morning for the first ride of the year. No realy goals this year...If I can commute the same distance as last year I'll be happy...looking forward to taking the bairn out in the spring / summer. She'll be 18months in June so will be getting a carrier of some kind...sad bassa I am will probably log them on Strava:lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back