2012 article about Congerton, one of his assistants and stats in football

Status
Not open for further replies.

I'm still torn on the whole De Fanti business tbh. I'd like to hear his side of the story first. It worries me a bit that our current scouts are off to clubs like Inter Milan without getting any time to really do anything here whilst we replace them with a pair who were part of a team who have overseen the decline of a massive Bundesliga club.

We know RDFs side already though dont we?
SAFC:"Heres a bag of buttons go and buy 15 players. Oh and by the way balance the books anarl".

His cheapies I nivver had a problem with as they were only back ups and cost nowt so what did anyone expect? Its Altidore & Giaccarini that did for him. If all a CF has going for him is his strength then he wont cut it in the PL, Morientes and Baptiste (The Beast!) looked like little lambs against PL centre halves who are used to a bit of argybargy every week.
Giacci has nowt going for him, hes too small which isnt a problem if he has summit else outstanding up his sleeve but he hasnt. Hes not quick or tricky or capable of banging in goals for fun.
If either are still here next season then we'll be circling the plughole again (if we stay up).

they pulled almost all funding when appointing congerton, for a fair reflection look at his deals with Chelsea and most of their reserves are playing at a decent level, that imo of course is why he's here poyet still buys the players but congy will purchase reserves.
He's doing well so far, Bridcutt, the 5'7'' giant, Virgini, strong man centre half (it wouldn't take much to call him a fanny) and Scocco, Jesus wept. I bet many can't wait to see our close season incomings, if there are any.

I'm still torn on the whole De Fanti business tbh. I'd like to hear his side of the story first. It worries me a bit that our current scouts are off to clubs like Inter Milan without getting any time to really do anything here whilst we replace them with a pair who were part of a team who have overseen the decline of a massive Bundesliga club.

Me too.

I'm not surprised to see di fanti and his scouts get moved on, fair enough they only had six months but basically everyone we signed permanently has been ousted by last season's players or the few loans we got who incidentally have been our best players, what does that tell you that our better players were our panic loans when we couldn't get the ones we wanted.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back