2005/06

Another shit show of a season. What’s made me realise doing these threads is how bad Bob Murray was at supporting us financially with money for players. I thank him for the stadium and the academy but he should’ve left a lot sooner.

We spent around £4m on Kelvin Davis, Jon Stead and Andy Gray. Some poor recruitment there. On frees in came Tommy Miller, Alan Stubbs, Nyron and Bassila. Hours I thought was decent but the other loan signing, Le Tallec was a waste.

Results wise won 3 all season, losing the first 5. Then won 2 after that. Terrible. Mic Mac was sacked in Feb but should’ve been sacked sooner, not that anyone would make the difference but it really was the worst season so far.

Stupid question this but the answer doesn’t immediately come to mind, if MM was sacked in Feb who took over to the end of the season? I remember Bally being caretaker but surely that wasn’t from Feb onwards? I have no memory at all. What a god awful season, in god awful kits playing god awful football.

Stupid question this but the answer doesn’t immediately come to mind, if MM was sacked in Feb who took over to the end of the season? I remember Bally being caretaker but surely that wasn’t from Feb onwards? I have no memory at all. What a god awful season, in god awful kits playing god awful football.

Bally stayed in charge for the rest of the season I think
I remember the night we got relegated, probably one of our better results of the season too, 0-0 at Old Trafford.
Kelvin Davis was a bonkers signing when we had Poom and Mhyre at the club already

I remember the 1-4 defeat at home to Portsmouth where he was absolutely awful. I think a fan ran on to the pitch to confront him too.

Last edited:
Another shit show of a season. What’s made me realise doing these threads is how bad Bob Murray was at supporting us financially with money for players. I thank him for the stadium and the academy but he should’ve left a lot sooner.

We spent around £4m on Kelvin Davis, Jon Stead and Andy Gray. Some poor recruitment there. On frees in came Tommy Miller, Alan Stubbs, Nyron and Bassila. Hours I thought was decent but the other loan signing, Le Tallec was a waste.

Results wise won 3 all season, losing the first 5. Then won 2 after that. Terrible. Mic Mac was sacked in Feb but should’ve been sacked sooner, not that anyone would make the difference but it really was the worst season so far.
How could he have left a lot sooner without a buyer?

Hours?

In reality, Mick McCarthy should have been sacked after 9 defeats the first time 'round. I can still picture the smug twat pulling out of the AoL when he finally did get sacked, grinning away whilst he told the cameras he'd loved every minute of it. Fuckin' dick head. I hate him.

How could he have left a lot sooner without a buyer?

Hours?

In reality, Mick McCarthy should have been sacked after 9 defeats the first time 'round. I can still picture the smug twat pulling out of the AoL when he finally did get sacked, grinning away whilst he told the cameras he'd loved every minute of it. Fuckin' dick head. I hate him.
Let’s be honest Murray never even looked for a buyer for years. His reign should’ve ended around 95 but he was a stubborn twat.

Ha ha also remember the opening game of the season against Charlton, we lost 3-1. The lad sat next to me was screaming for Nos to come on as we were playing Wright at the time. Nos came on and his first touch (kind of) was to receive a pass on the touchline, he went to trap it, let it roll under his foot and out for a throw in :lol: I think I knew then that it was going to be a rough season.

From what I remember we were quite unlucky in a few of the early games, including Newcastle away although I appreciate that wasn't quite as early. After that our confidence just fell away and we all know how it ended. Maybe if that early luck had been a little different we may have won a few more, not enough to stay up but to avoid total embarrassment.

March I think mate he got the push
From what I remember we were quite unlucky in a few of the early games, including Newcastle away although I appreciate that wasn't quite as early. After that our confidence just fell away and we all know how it ended. Maybe if that early luck had been a little different we may have won a few more, not enough to stay up but to avoid total embarrassment.
The most amazing stat about that season was our worst away defeat. 3-1!

Last edited:
Who was gonna buy us? We had the best years most of us have ever had after 95.
True. But the blame can’t just be given to McCarthy. He had £4m to spend and most posters yesterday admitted we had a shit squad, lucky to go up, which clearly needed drastically improving to stay up. Admittedly the buys were crap mind and we didn’t need a keeper.

It was March after a Sunday defeat at Man City

March I think mate he got the push

The most amazing stat about that season was our worst away defeat. 3-1!

Did Davis have a worldy away to Man Utd or is my memory playing tricks on me?
It was March after a Sunday defeat at Man City

Ah I remember that game, Gary Breen getting sent off for hand ball trying to stop the City keeper getting it forward quickly after our set piece.

Last edited:

Back