20 years ago today, best ever at S. O. L.???

Was travelling to Italy for work that afternoon, arrived at hotel about 6pm uk time, and as I got to check in the guy says "call for you" and hands me a phone, it was my boss, pissed as a fart and babbling the score at me, totally delirious, I could have cried, gutted I missed that one.

You must be joking???

Nope, just confused. I flew over for the 1-1 match and I was sure that it was described as the first time we had hosted the Mags at the SOL. We were all given red or white cards to turn the SOL into a sea of red and white stripes. In checking now, it must have been the first match against them since the SOL was expanded.

4 of us travelled up fro London , 2 SAFC and 2 Chelsea. Cracking weekend with an amazing game.
We had a pint ( or 2) on 5th Ave ( or whatever it was called then) and one of the Chelsea lads I was with started talking to another Chelsea fan in a Chelsea top. He was taken aback and had to stop the conversation as the lad was from Durham and spoke with a Durham accent. It was only a little thing but just not expected

Back