2 weeks to get contracts sorted

scotch

Striker
Or we could be heading for a scenario (worst case tbf) where by the end of feb we have 21 players on our books but having signed for new clubs.
Cant be good for a promotion push

They can’t sign a pre-contract with another a English club until they have 1 month left on their contract:

The FA restrict pre-contracts between English clubs as they are keen to avoid any conflicts of interests should a player play against his future club.

Unless you expect 21 of our players to be moving to Hibs, Aberdeen and Dundee United.

Nobody is signing a contract till they see what league we are going to be in

They will make thousands more if they go to the Championship

They can only sign a pre-contract with another club in this country within 1 month of the current deal expiring IIRC. Cant see anyone in Europe wanting them

This is right, but they can start discussions etc without fear of clubs being questioned for 'tapping players up' - either way heads could potentially be turned.

Assuming we go up....out of our current squad, I would only want to keep Willis, Baily-Wright, O'nein, Hume, Embleton, Neil, Diamond & Gooch tbh.

That's IF we go up and KLD is willing to to splash the cash.

And I appreciate the risk of leaving the rest of them with no contract offer so they might not perform. Its a shit situation tbh.

Or we could be heading for a scenario (worst case tbf) where by the end of feb we have 21 players on our books but having signed for new clubs.
Cant be good for a promotion push
Don't think this will happen because:-
1) Haven't heard any mutterings or rumours on here of any player wanting to be away.
2) The club is holding off because it does not know what division we are going to be in next season so don't know what to offer due to the potential salary cap.
3) Any of the players out of contract are unlikely to settle for an offer of a salary cap figure if we are liable to be promoted.

It is a strange situation that probably most of the promotion hopefuls in this league find themselves in, and you are right some of our players may be poached by championship clubs, but this could have happened anyway.

Well considering it's only English clubs they can't and your best player recently moved to Scotland, Id argue they can.

Players like McGeady etc have played in Scotland before.

unless they are Scottish, I can’t see any of our current squad moving up there. Rangers didn’t even bother signing McLaughlin on a pre contract last jan and even if they did make contact it didn’t effect his performances.
Who is the this best player you speak of...🤔

the bench warmer at rangers

For next season in league one, our biggest priorities are renewing Diamond and Patterson as they count as U21 players. After that it's Embleton, O'Nien and Hume if possible. If we can find a way to afford Willis all the better but we can live without it, given the money it would cost. I'd happily see Younger stay if Willis goes (otherwise not). After that I'm not all that fussed.

unless they are Scottish, I can’t see any of our current squad moving up there. Rangers didn’t even bother signing McLaughlin on a pre contract last jan and even if they did make contact it didn’t effect his performances.

the bench warmer at rangers

This reads like a dig, when being a bench warmer at Rangers who in all likely hood will win the SPL is much better than being in League one 🤷

Assuming we go up....out of our current squad, I would only want to keep Willis, Baily-Wright, O'nein, Hume, Embleton, Neil, Diamond & Gooch tbh.

That's IF we go up and KLD is willing to to splash the cash.

And I appreciate the risk of leaving the rest of them with no contract offer so they might not perform. Its a shit situation tbh.
Yep at the end of the day there isnt many id want to keep anyway.Then you have things behind the scenes like injuries that would hinder a player getting an extension E.G Hume been our best outlet this season.So he relies on pace and has a grade 3 tear in hamstring amongst other injuries,without pace he is knackered.We might be suprised who goes and who stays

Likely 8-10 we want to keep regardless of league were on. We all know who they are. A lot of dead wood like both keepers. At the end of the day as long as we have good processes and staff in comming no player is replaceable. Shame if some go but we have to do what's best for safc now and longer term.
Mate no offence but Rangers play European football. It's world's apart. You recently played our bairns with your first team FFS.
Was mixed with many reserves. Mumba was youngest player on pitch too and schooled your team.

Last edited:

Back