2 sets of high rise flats in middle of town centre

Would have loved that back in my nightclubbing days. Stumble out of Annabels, Ku Club or Chambers, pay a quick visit to Wee Alley and in me kip in no time, rain or shine. No running the gauntlet of the Park Lane taxi rank.
Reasonable price but don’t like that maintenance fee! I always thought they were council flats not for sale / lease.

How come they’ve been kept in decent nick all these years and yet all I hear about the Echo building is that they sold its soul and it’s now full of Chinese students ten to a flat cooking rancid bait all hours of the night and chaining their bikes to the balcony railings?

Would have loved that back in my nightclubbing days. Stumble out of Annabels, Ku Club or Chambers, pay a quick visit to Wee Alley and in me kip in no time, rain or shine. No running the gauntlet of the Park Lane taxi rank.
Reasonable price but don’t like that maintenance fee! I always thought they were council flats not for sale / lease.

How come they’ve been kept in decent nick all these years and yet all I hear about the Echo building is that they sold its soul and it’s now full of Chinese students ten to a flat cooking rancid bait all hours of the night and chaining their bikes to the balcony railings?

Right to buy. Gentoo will hold the freehold & maintain the building, but you'll be allowed to buy your flat if you choose.

The echo building was never social housing & most of the flats were originally sold to investors

Cheap as chips for a prime spot in the centre of town. They are a bit of an eyesore mind but what can you do?

Cheap as chips for a prime spot in the centre of town. They are a bit of an eyesore mind but what can you do?
But ironically not an eyesore for the residents.
It’s ok, the Tory’s don’t give a shit if people die
What, all of them?

If you reply yes, my reposte will be: Two are my friends, but you know them better than me?

Nb: It saves time when dealing with ridiculous unprovable claims.

Last edited:

Back