2 jabs and still get hit with Covid

The Oxford jab hasn't shone itself in any glory really since it came into use.
It's marginally better than the sh*tty Chinese vaccine but because its "Oxford" the BBC and the rest of the British media have creamed themselves over it.

Strange that you don't hear the connection to Oxford these days on the BBC. Wonder if its because of the negativity surrounding the AZ vaccine and its ineffectiveness especially against the variants compared to Pfizer for eg.

It's marginally better than the sh*tty Chinese vaccine but because its "Oxford" the BBC and the rest of the British media have creamed themselves over it.

Strange that you don't hear the connection to Oxford these days on the BBC. Wonder if its because of the negativity surrounding the AZ vaccine and its ineffectiveness especially against the variants compared to Pfizer for eg.

It's got some bad headlines like. Makes me thankful I got the Pfizer jab tbh. That's even been proven to more effective against this variant than the Oxford one n all.

The BBC are still routinely referring to it as the Oxford/Astra-Zeneca jab.
It's got some bad headlines like. Makes me thankful I got the Pfizer jab tbh. That's even been proven to more effective against this variant than the Oxford one n all.

Some of the bad headlines were not warranted. It does seem less efficacious than the Pfizer vaccine but it was also far more practical than the Pfizer vaccine. The Oxford/Astra-Zeneca jab, just like the Pfizer one, has saved many, many lives.

Last edited:
The BBC are still routinely referring to it as the Oxford/Astra-Zeneca jab.

Some of the bad headlines were not warranted. It does seem less efficacious than the Pfizer vaccine but it was also far more practical than the Pfizer vaccine. The Oxford/Astra-Zeneca jab, just like the Pfizer one, has saved many, many lives.

Oh undoubtedly, but the media will always pick up on the negativity of the vaccine, rather than positive.

Oh undoubtedly, but the media will always pick up on the negativity of the vaccine, rather than positive.

On that we certainly agree
I don't know about on the TV but I don't see it mentioned on the BBC News website as often.

I hadn't noticed either way but just did a search on Google News for what the BBC were saying. It may well be the case they just use whichever the reporter at the time goes with

Those catching it who had the vaccine may just well have been spared a much worse outcome.
For those saying the AZ vaccine is poor, I'd love to know how many net lives it's saved if you could tell me?

Last edited:
Never expected it to prevent everyone who takes it from carrying it but I am surprised that there are four or five people on here who have tested positive afterwards or know some one who has. Unless they’re in a job where they need routine testing they must be displaying symptoms. Thought it would be much less common than it appears.

Mrs Kaplan and I are fully vaccinated. We also continue to socially distance, only meet close family members or one or two friends outdoors, hands face space etc. All that stuff.

I don’t know if our lack of infection can be attributed to luck, vaccination or good personal management (as it were). But my understanding is that the vaccination significantly reduces the risk of infection so I do all I can to reduce it even further.

Have you ever had a test?

Mrs Kaplan and I are fully vaccinated. We also continue to socially distance, only meet close family members or one or two friends outdoors, hands face space etc. All that stuff.

I don’t know if our lack of infection can be attributed to luck, vaccination or good personal management (as it were). But my understanding is that the vaccination significantly reduces the risk of infection so I do all I can to reduce it even further.
Are you going to live like that forever? Because your fully vaccinated, that’s probably as good as it gets.

Never expected it to prevent everyone who takes it from carrying it but I am surprised that there are four or five people on here who have tested positive afterwards or know some one who has. Unless they’re in a job where they need routine testing they must be displaying symptoms. Thought it would be much less common than it appears.
Or they're taking a test because of a positive contact. As for symptoms, the new variant is delivering markedly different ones to those most would expect to see, eg runny nose, headaches. Some will think they just have hay-fever.

Pfizer vaccine appears better at preventing symptomatic disease according to PHE over the last month.
(ignore the boxes I've drawn on, that was for something else and I can't be bothered to upload another image)
Logon or register to see this image

Pfizer vaccine appears better at preventing symptomatic disease according to PHE over the last month.
(ignore the boxes I've drawn on, that was for something else and I can't be bothered to upload another image)
https://ibb.co/pfsn2WH

Back