2 jabs and still get hit with Covid

Mrs Kaplan and I are fully vaccinated. We also continue to socially distance, only meet close family members or one or two friends outdoors, hands face space etc. All that stuff.

I don’t know if our lack of infection can be attributed to luck, vaccination or good personal management (as it were). But my understanding is that the vaccination significantly reduces the risk of infection so I do all I can to reduce it even further.

53 workers in one hospital that had all had 2 shots. Is a faulty batch of vaccine possible? As said earlier in the thread most who get it after 2 jabs have no symptoms as did heathy all of these. Vietnam was thinking of reducing quarantine to 7 days (instead of 28) for fully vaccinated people. I can see this ending that idea.

The jab is like a U2 hit for some.

It’s a numbers game, the more you vaccinate the more you will here of people either still getting quite ill or complications from the jab itself.

Someone is always going to be the 1 in so many million or the 10% or whatever percentage the vaccine success rate is.

It’s never been a case of you get jabbed and you’re immune to infection, it’s aimed at reducing hospitalised cases and deaths.

What you have to remember is trials are trials, when you put something out there to the masses you will see a difference in data over time.

I’m not sure if the media are too bothered about reporting the cases of those having the jab getting ill and hospitalised.

I hope they get better soon.

I've never been under the impression that Vaccines will guarantee you not getting the virus. However it is a tool to help prevent serious illness and hospitalisations and subsequently help prevent the NHS being overwhelmed.

When this was thrust upon us the world changed dramatically and many countries were taking advice from WHO and instigating advice to reduce transmission. When all said and done we are free to make our own decisions on what is pumped into our bodies Vaccines do have valuable part to play in helping to control infections as do them who have had Covid and have antibodies and one cannot alone singularly do it all alone. Restrictions to curtail its spread is also warranted to reduce infection. People who wish to avoid serious illness can also think about getting into shape and dietary changes as I personally think it will help you far more than sat on a computer countless hours arguing over conspiracy theories.

Choose life and do help yourself with exercise and dietary changes it will help control and curtail many unnecessary deaths.

53 workers in one hospital that had all had 2 shots. Is a faulty batch of vaccine possible? As said earlier in the thread most who get it after 2 jabs have no symptoms as did heathy all of these. Vietnam was thinking of reducing quarantine to 7 days (instead of 28) for fully vaccinated people. I can see this ending that idea.

The Oxford jab hasn't shone itself in any glory really since it came into use.

Or faulty tests , seeing as all but one had no symptoms and were asymptomatic

I doubt it's a dodgy vaccine. The vaccine sounds like it's working as all but one case was asymptomatic. The vaccine allows the body to fight the virus off quicker with less symptoms and less transmission, it doesn't stop it getting into your body.

Vaccines aren't a force field that prevent the virus entering your body.

All they do is train your natural immune system how to respond to the virus. It is then up to your immune system to seek it out and destroy it.

The experts have said all along that you can still catch and spread it after the vaccines, but you are much less likely to get serously ill and because the viral load will be less, you are less likely to spread it.

I think the figures are still bearing out the success of the vaccines - look at the curves for under 60s (less vaccinated) and over 60s (mostly vaccinated) and the vast majority of new infections being reported are in the under 60s group. In previous waves the curves have followed each other.

No vaccine is 100% effective, the majority will be fine but you will always get the odd case like this.
Vaccines aren't a force field that prevent the virus entering your body.

All they do is train your natural immune system how to respond to the virus. It is then up to your immune system to seek it out and destroy it.

The experts have said all along that you can still catch and spread it after the vaccines, but you are much less likely to get serously ill and because the viral load will be less, you are less likely to spread it.

I think the figures are still bearing out the success of the vaccines - look at the curves for under 60s (less vaccinated) and over 60s (mostly vaccinated) and the vast majority of new infections being reported are in the under 60s group. In previous waves the curves have followed each other.

Good post - a basic knowledge regarding vaccine science and your immune system can answer most things.

Last edited:
Lad at work and his wife both had the 2 jabs , yet last week they were struck down with Covid , reckons he’s been totally wiped out for past 5 days , no energy , lost taste and smell

thought the whole point of the second jab was that covid would have little or no impact ?

any other posters know anyone who has had Covid despite having two jabs ?

Can he get a refund?

Back