2 Billion Theme Park To Rival Disneyland Set To Come To The UK

Status
Not open for further replies.
Might be something to do with it being flood plain, I think. Plus the ground is gradually tipping so that that area is becoming lower while the rest of the country is getting higher.

I still think that you wouldn't get them to Newcastle. Most southerners, i.e., south of Middlesbrough think that the entire north is one enormous pit heap, the people talk in unitelligible accents and all of us have whippets and pigeons.

just not a big enough catchment area to get 30-40000 a day in all seasons

I could have had full board at the Hotel New York for 4 nights for £880 like. It was £580 Santa Fe, £630 Cheyenne, £750 Sequoia Lodge £880 New York, £920 Newport Bay Club and £1600 Disney Land Hotel.
Found invoices. Yeh, about that. Flights and transfers half as much again.
Only included breakfast though. Xmas is a peak time though.

So that's the Spanish project AND the English project cancelled now.

Paramount are basically wankers.

The worst thunder and lightning storm I ever saw was when I was visiting Disney in Florida, but I get your point.

I was on the monorail thing and people were screaming in terror, then when I got off there were folk running everywhere and falling over in puddles, a bolt of lightning struck quite close and there was mass panic. It was f***ing great.
Was that the Galileo Ride?

"Thunderbolt and lightning, very very frightening........."

School holidays?

You can get just before Christmas for next to nowt if you fancy something festive and cold.

Just booked for 13th December - 5 nights in the Cheyenne, flights with airfrance from Ncle and taxi to/from CDG has cost £1400 for in effect 4 adults

Seems that the company that were working with Paramount want to go ahead, and have a multi-theme style to the park.
Always tricky to try to license anything*, never mind everything

*Even Disney are moving away from it. They removed the Twilight Zone part of the Tower of Terrors, they're closing the Great Movie Ride as the IP license ends next year.

Seems that the company that were working with Paramount want to go ahead, and have a multi-theme style to the park.
Always tricky to try to license anything*, never mind everything

*Even Disney are moving away from it. They removed the Twilight Zone part of the Tower of Terrors, they're closing the Great Movie Ride as the IP license ends next year.

it looks really dated but I really enjoy it

Just booked for 13th December - 5 nights in the Cheyenne, flights with airfrance from Ncle and taxi to/from CDG has cost £1400 for in effect 4 adults

I've booked for next year, staying in a Compass Club room at the Newport Bay, was about a grand B&B for the 5 of us, not including travel.

They closed cinemaqique earlier this year, we went on it's final day. (very) dated but still a decent show IMO, will be replaced by some marvel shite no doubt.

The license for the non Disney content ends in 2018, but I heard last night that its going to close between August and September this year.
I'll be there the first 2 weeks in Sept, so I'll give it one last ride. Its nice and cool for half an hour, if nothing else.

The concept is great, it just needed updating imo.
They're going to keep the facade, but totally change the inside to something different.

Also heard the Rock & Rollercoaster is going to be removed in a few years time as part of a much bigger piece of work.
Basically, the entire Studios park is being revamped - Toy Story Land, Star Wars Land etc - its going to be really good.

The license for the non Disney content ends in 2018, but I heard last night that its going to close between August and September this year.
I'll be there the first 2 weeks in Sept, so I'll give it one last ride. Its nice and cool for half an hour, if nothing else.

The concept is great, it just needed updating imo.
They're going to keep the facade, but totally change the inside to something different.

Also heard the Rock & Rollercoaster is going to be removed in a few years time as part of a much bigger piece of work.
Basically, the entire Studios park is being revamped - Toy Story Land, Star Wars Land etc - its going to be really good.

the back stage tour other than calamity Canyon needs a revamp.

Reactions: PTR
Status
Not open for further replies.

Back