2 Billion Theme Park To Rival Disneyland Set To Come To The UK

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dartford is right next to Ebbsfleet International high speed rail terminal. Ideal transport link, similar to Disneyland Paris

Oh aye, the f***ing Dart charge. Almost forgot to pay it last time.

Still I'd like to see things built 'oop North'. We need to break this cycle of there being more money and jobs and people in the south so we'll put big things like this there, that attract more money and people and jobs, so they put more things there...

decent sized plot at 800 acres too

have a catchment of something like 40 million within 2 hours
i'm really surprised they haven't developed that end of the Thames. From the o2 onwards it's basically Middlesbrough. So much potential.

Oh aye, the f***ing Dart charge. Almost forgot to pay it last time.

Still I'd like to see things built 'oop North'. We need to break this cycle of there being more money and jobs and people in the south so we'll put big things like this there, that attract more money and people and jobs, so they put more things there...
well go outside of the charging times, or go a different way.

they need to build the infrastructure first. if they build it up north now, no-one could be arsed to go there IMO. if they built a HS super fast newcastle-london railway and then built a themepark, knowing it would take under 2 hours to get there then they will be more inclined IMO

Last edited:
"Access to the park won't be cheap; a full-priced day ticket is expected to cost £57."

hmm, either its going to be shit, or that's completely untrue. Eurodisney is about £100 a day, so are the parks in Florida.

Still gutted they didn't build it in Spain as it was 20 miles south of the in-laws apartment out there, with perfect weather for a themepark its 27C there today!

Eurodisney is about £100 a day, so are the parks in Florida.

It's not. Maybe including a hotel, but the standard price is way lower than that. You can get an annual pass from about £200 iirc.

I'm going in two weeks and got hotels (basic one on site), park tickets and full board meal plan for £580 for 4 nights/5 days. Could have booked the Disney Land Hotel with Premium Full Board Dining including all character meals and that Wild West character show they do on a night and that would have been £1600 for us all.

https://www.travelrepublic.co.uk/v2...aGRilmcl04suFBzM6w80RavukwCSVpCrPsaAgHH8P8HAQ

£34 for an adult two park ticket.

Last edited:
It's not. Maybe including a hotel, but the standard price is way lower than that.
£34 for an adult two park ticket.
Pff, you're right. Not sure why I remember it being loads more. Maye that was the 3 day cost last time I was there?

The £34 is mid-week off peak. Its about £50 normally (just checked!)

"Access to the park won't be cheap; a full-priced day ticket is expected to cost £57."

hmm, either its going to be shit, or that's completely untrue. Eurodisney is about £100 a day, so are the parks in Florida.

Still gutted they didn't build it in Spain as it was 20 miles south of the in-laws apartment out there, with perfect weather for a themepark its 27C there today!

you can get your hotel and park ticket for £100 a day

the most expnsive day ticket is £68 and that offers full flexibility.

if you turned up today as its off season its £36 which allows access into both parks

Pff, you're right. Not sure why I remember it being loads more. Maye that was the 3 day cost last time I was there?

The £34 is mid-week off peak. Its about £50 normally (just checked!)

Ah right, still way less than £100, unless you're only going for the day, nobody buys park tickets as they're included with the hotels. Disney Paris is pretty cheap really, I was quoted more at Butlins for the same dates.

Full board too (3 x full buffet meals). Based on 2 adults, 3 kids.

the most expnsive day ticket is £68 and that offers full flexbility.
if you turned up today as its off season its £36 which allows access into both parks
Amazing value that. Even if it is cold and wet. Might nip over for a weekend actually. /starts looking at trains :lol:

Ah right, still way less than £100, unless you're only going for the day, nobody buys park tickets as they're included with the hotels. Disney Paris is pretty cheap really, I was quoted more at Butlins for the same dates.
Full board too (3 x full buffet meals). Based on 2 adults, 3 kids.
IIRC, I paid about £2k for 2 nights. Feel hard done to now!

School holidays?
You can get just before Christmas for next to nowt if you fancy something festive and cold.
Ha, just before Xmas. About the 20th.

Was the New York hotel though, which was bloody expensive. I think flights and transfers were included in that £2k. Mind, my memory is shite.

Ha, just before Xmas. About the 20th.

Was the New York hotel though, which was bloody expensive. I think flights and transfers were included in that £2k. Mind, my memory is shite.

I could have had full board at the Hotel New York for 4 nights for £880 like. It was £580 Santa Fe, £630 Cheyenne, £750 Sequoia Lodge £880 New York, £920 Newport Bay Club and £1600 Disney Land Hotel.

i'm really surprised they haven't developed that end of the Thames. From the o2 onwards it's basically Middlesbrough. So much potential.

well go outside of the charging times, or go a different way.

they need to build the infrastructure first. if they build it up north now, no-one could be arsed to go there IMO. if they built a HS super fast newcastle-london railway and then built a themepark, knowing it would take under 2 hours to get there then they will be more inclined IMO

Might be something to do with it being flood plain, I think. Plus the ground is gradually tipping so that that area is becoming lower while the rest of the country is getting higher.

I still think that you wouldn't get them to Newcastle. Most southerners, i.e., south of Middlesbrough think that the entire north is one enormous pit heap, the people talk in unitelligible accents and all of us have whippets and pigeons.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back