2 Billion Theme Park To Rival Disneyland Set To Come To The UK

Status
Not open for further replies.

I've booked for next year, staying in a Compass Club room at the Newport Bay, was about a grand B&B for the 5 of us, not including travel.

Got an AA zero percent card through top cash back (£31) and then booked everything separately Disney £35, Air France £9 Holiday extras £10 and got through top cashback.

Last edited:
Did the three bookings separately Disney, Air France Holiday extras and got £102 through top cashback.

Good going like. I did mine via the phone so couldn't get cashback. Costing loads more this year than last as the bairn now counts as an occupant so we need a family room which limits hotel options.

Good going like. I did mine via the phone so couldn't get cashback. Costing loads more this year than last as the bairn now counts as an occupant so we need a family room which limits hotel options.

That's the same for me the kids are now classed as adults.

Mind I'm a bit miffed we are going - its my 25 wedding anniversary so I asked Mrs PM where she wanted to go - expecting me and her somewhere nice and romantic - all three piped up Eurodisney at Christmas - so I will be celebrating 25 years on Thunder Mountain and buying Disney tat!.

That's the same for me the kids are now classed as adults.

Mind I'm a bit miffed we are going - its my 25 wedding anniversary so I asked Mrs PM where she wanted to go - expecting me and her somewhere nice and romantic - all three piped up Eurodisney at Christmas - so I will be celebrating 25 years on Thunder Mountain and buying Disney tat!.
TIP
Book restaurants immediately. Seriously. We went on 22nd Dec, and thought we'd be fine. We didn't get to eat anywhere we'd wanted to the entire trip. It was a big let down.

I've already booked for Orland in September, and we couldn't get lunch or dinner in one place!

TIP
Book restaurants immediately. Seriously. We went on 22nd Dec, and thought we'd be fine. We didn't get to eat anywhere we'd wanted to the entire trip. It was a big let down.

I've already booked for Orland in September, and we couldn't get lunch or dinner in one place!

You can only book 3 months in advance at Paris. Good tip though, call 90 days before you go to book.

Reactions: PTR
Immediate thoughts are the weather would soon ruin any illusion they try and create, but including London in the name will make tourists think its all part of the charm
Kent is the driest county in the UK so I guess that was a factor in their positioning.

It's canny pricey. They have an included menu for people on meal plans at plus hotels and above. Sequia Lodge/New York/Newport Bay/Disneyland though.
For a special meal I was happy to pay. Ended up waiting at the Hard Rock cafe one night, which was ok I guess - and reasonably priced. And then at the BBQ Buffet place above one of the bars. Which was again, reasonable.

Dodged a bullet with the Rainforest Cafe though, we'd been wanting to go for ages - but the queue was horrific - and we'd booked it already for Orlando, but have since see reviews that its utterly shit, so we've cancelled and booked something else.

For a special meal I was happy to pay. Ended up waiting at the Hard Rock cafe one night, which was ok I guess - and reasonably priced. And then at the BBQ Buffet place above one of the bars. Which was again, reasonable.

Dodged a bullet with the Rainforest Cafe though, we'd been wanting to go for ages - but the queue was horrific - and we'd booked it already for Orlando, but have since see reviews that its utterly shit, so we've cancelled and booked something else.

That BBQ buffet place was shite like. Worst one I went to. I had full board like so could eat buffets three times a day, was a bit much like. Ended up just grabbing stuff from the counter service most the time.

That BBQ buffet place was shite like. Worst one I went to. I had full board like so could eat buffets three times a day, was a bit much like. Ended up just grabbing stuff from the counter service most the time.
I thought it was reasonable. Maybe that's due to the 2 x litres of wine we had with it and just being grateful that we got in anywhere - it was about 10pm by the time we got in.

I really didn't expect it to be so much of a faff. Counter service is fine most of the time, but it was her 30th birthday, so was trying to do nice things. Nevermind, we had a great time.

I thought it was reasonable. Maybe that's due to the 2 x litres of wine we had with it and just being grateful that we got in anywhere - it was about 10pm by the time we got in.

I really didn't expect it to be so much of a faff. Counter service is fine most of the time, but it was her 30th birthday, so was trying to do nice things. Nevermind, we had a great time.
We did our bookings 90 days before, out of the buffets on site I only rated Plaza gardens. Annette's was OK for burgers, as was 5 guys.

Haven't even looked at the link, but I bet it's in the Home Counties somewhere.

Aye been in progress for like 20 years! People bought up whole golf resorts on the promise of it!
In case you hadn't read the rest of the thread, the Spanish development is officially not happening, the companies shuttered etc. And now Paramount have pulled out of the English one too, although the company involved plan to go ahead without them.

TIP

I've just back from Orlando last Thurs I've got 4 tkts for the I trolley which I never activated , if your staying on idrive could come in handy

Reactions: PTR
I've just back from Orlando last Thurs I've got 4 tkts for the I trolley which I never activated , if your staying on idrive could come in handy
very kind of you mate, but I'm not staying up that end of town, thankfully I get free buses every 30 mins from my hotel (which is the main reason I stay where I do)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back