2 Billion Theme Park To Rival Disneyland Set To Come To The UK

Status
Not open for further replies.
W

West 4th and Jane

Logon or register to see this image

A film studio are planning on building a £2 billion theme park in the UK to rival Disneyland.

Paramount want to build the giant resort in Kent, boasting rollercoasters, water parks, a cinema, hotels and restaurants. Named London Paramount Entertainment, the complex will be based in the Swanscombe peninsula, Kent and will feature a number of Hollywood greats, such as Titanic and Braveheart, as well as the UK's best loved TV characters.

Logon or register to see this image

In addition it's believed that they're working on signing a deal with BBC Worldwide to allow some of Britain's most popular programmes to appear in the new theme park, aiming to open its gates in 2018.

It hasn't been confirmed which exact shows will be included, but it's thought that the BBC's chart-topping favourites like Doctor Who will feature.

The leader of the project has spoken about how they are hopeful of breaking ground on development in the next three years.

Over the next 12-18 months we will be progressing the planning application and embarking on a wide-reaching programme of community consultation, while securing further commercial agreements with third parties. Our timetable for delivery, including the planning application process and construction, is geared towards completion and opening in 2018.

It should be similar to a theme park opening in Spain, and you can see the presentation video for that below.

Immediate thoughts are the weather would soon ruin any illusion they try and create, but including London in the name will make tourists think its all part of the charm

Just think of all the minimum wage drones they can employ in there?
Poor buggers working in a place like that, having to smile and be polite to noisy ignorant people and shitty little children
Hell on earth

Poor buggers working in a place like that, having to smile and be polite to noisy ignorant people and shitty little children
Hell on earth

Slaves know their place so I wouldn't worry.

Hell on earth
Jobs a job these day though.

Immediate thoughts are the weather would soon ruin any illusion they try and create, but including London in the name will make tourists think its all part of the charm

The worst thunder and lightning storm I ever saw was when I was visiting Disney in Florida, but I get your point.

I was on the monorail thing and people were screaming in terror, then when I got off there were folk running everywhere and falling over in puddles, a bolt of lightning struck quite close and there was mass panic. It was f***ing great.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back