1st time shooting a wedding at Newton Hall

Status
Not open for further replies.

A couple of nice shallow depth of field photos there for the comp Andy. :p

Haha I might chuck one in before the deadline if I remember... I generally don't bother though as always seems a bit of a cheat when I use something I've already taken when others are actually putting effort in to doing something specifically for the comp :)

Back on topic - nice album andy, the venue looks spot on too. I was having a look at that lads site who posts on TP. Name escapes me now but you'll know who I mean - does lots of weddings in barns etc - top top quality stuff. His PP seems to be a bit more retro than yours, but there's similarities in your documentary style.

What would you say is your "go to" lens for the weddings you do?

Ahh yes Ross Harvey... mate I use his stuff for inspiration all the time as he's an awesome tog. Seeing his work changed how I shoot and made me try and develop a 'style'. If you see similarities in style I take that as a big compliment as that's been my aim :)

Lens choice is usually:
5D MKIII - Tamron 24-70mm f/2.8 (not sure the model number as think there's a few but it's the one that costs roughly £900)
6D - Canon 70-200mm f/2.8 non IS

I use the Tamron for all the wideer angle shots and ceremony and the longer lens for the candids. Occasionally I'd stick the Canon 50mm f/1.4 on for a few shots but tbh it's not often as there's never much time to be messing around changing lenses :)

Ahh yes Ross Harvey... mate I use his stuff for inspiration all the time as he's an awesome tog. Seeing his work changed how I shoot and made me try and develop a 'style'. If you see similarities in style I take that as a big compliment as that's been my aim :)

Lens choice is usually:
5D MKIII - Tamron 24-70mm f/2.8 (not sure the model number as think there's a few but it's the one that costs roughly £900)

I use the Tamron for all the wideer angle shots and ceremony and the longer lens for the candids. Occasionally I'd stick the Canon 50mm f/1.4 on for a few shots but tbh it's not often as there's never much time to be messing around changing lenses :)

Lens choice is usually:

I was looking at the canon versions of both of those lenses yesterday. Can't workout which one I'd get more use out of to start off. Leaning towards the 70-200 give the stuff I''ll be shooting over the next few months.

Just having a chuckle at that lad on TP who'd been asked by a friend to do some wedding shots so he showed her Ross Harvey's and she said 'yeah, something like that' :lol:

Talk about putting yourself under pressure :lol:

I was looking at the canon versions of both of those lenses yesterday. Can't workout which one I'd get more use out of to start off. Leaning towards the 70-200 give the stuff I''ll be shooting over the next few months.

Just having a chuckle at that lad on TP who'd been asked by a friend to do some wedding shots so he showed her Ross Harvey's and she said 'yeah, something like that' :lol:

Talk about putting yourself under pressure :lol:

Haha I think you could tell from my reaction what I thought of that... Hilarious that he sent her a link to the best wedding tog in the UK, what a fool! :lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back