19th January Stats

Clear evidence published today that they do help, massively.
Yet still people harp on about it's just because "omicron is milder". The largest estimate I've seen is that Omicron is 91% less likely to result in death, but that means nothing without taking into account how communicable it is.

Vaccines have had and continue to have a massive impact; on a equal setting if not more so than the actual reduction in morbidity from omicron compared to delta.
Logon or register to see this image

No, it's increased immunity.
Cannot disagree with that. Vaccinations have got us out of this mess.

Yet still people harp on about it's just because "omicron is milder". The largest estimate I've seen is that Omicron is 91% less likely to result in death, but that means nothing without taking into account how communicable it is.

Vaccines have had and continue to have a massive impact; on a equal setting if not more so than the actual reduction in morbidity from omicron compared to delta.
The fears around the vaccines being less effective against Omicron seem to have been completely unfounded thankfully. Unless I'm reading that data wrong, the vaccine is actually more effective than it was against Delta as the unadjusted rates for unvaccinated was only about 6 x higher in the more at risk age groups, now it's way higher. Have I misinterpreted something?
Nope,the poster is incorrect.Deaths have risen.I suggest you check out the facts.
If you take the context of the conversation above I'd say it's pretty clear he's comparing deaths against the same time last year and not last month...but you know this.

The fears around the vaccines being less effective against Omicron seem to have been completely unfounded thankfully. Unless I'm reading that data wrong, the vaccine is actually more effective than it was against Delta as the unadjusted rates for unvaccinated was only about 6 x higher in the more at risk age groups, now it's way higher. Have I misinterpreted something?
They've changed what they're reporting in the tables.
The tables now compare 3 vaccinations vs no vaccs, they used to be double vaccs vs no vaccs.

The raw data for two vaccinations is still available but you'd have to work out the rates yourself.

You really hate me bring up your buddies previous comments don't you.Surely you should be pleased to view them again.🤔

Keep us chin up.But you're going to have accept your not going to be allowed in to the club.😆
I've never been a member of any club...I think you can see why :D

I'm not sure you can add social distancing and social habits in to any comparison with the same time last year given we were in a strict lockdown.

As a known anti-vax loon I suspect your opinion will be taken with a pinch of salt by most people.
By the way Doctor Mick I have been triple jabbed .
You are disagreeing with South African scientists and their health experts ; the variant is extremely mild and did not warrant the restrictions.

No, it's increased immunity.
Yes we have greater immunity but the latest variant is acknowledged as weaker
What reduction? Deaths are up around 250%
So if that is the case why not go back to a full lockdown ?
Deaths with covid or because of covid ?
What reduction? Deaths are up around 250%
So if that is the case why not go back to a full lockdown ?
Deaths with covid or because of covid ?

Last edited:
Why do the experts on here claim your not? Just asking as I've not really read many of your posts.

Why do the experts on here claim your not? Just asking as I've not really read many of your posts.
You are welcome to read my posts.
Too many self styled experts on here.
It is a debating forum and quite often abusive language is unnecessarily used .
I have said right back from 2020 that the response to corona was disproportionate to the threat and that the billions the government have spent should have been targeted at those vulnerable and older members of society.
I have questioned the way the ONS statistics are presented and the BBC/ SAGE worst case reporting methods.
Anti vax ? No way.
And I never subscribed to the theory of big pharma deliberately making profits out of covid by colluding with government.

You are disagreeing with South African scientists and their health experts ; the variant is extremely mild and did not warrant the restrictions.

Yes we have greater immunity but the latest variant is acknowledged as weaker
Are you disagreeing with these South African scientists and health experts?

"In the Omicron-driven wave, severe COVID-19 outcomes were reduced mostly due to protection conferred by prior infection and/or vaccination, but intrinsically reduced virulence may account for an approximately 25% reduced risk of severe hospitalization or death compared to Delta."

Not sure why you're undeplayying vaccines as they're clearly the biggest factor. You can't look at severity of illness and not take into account much greater transmission.

So that second quote you have used I have never posted . So you are now doctoring posts and making fraudulent posts to make it look like people have posted stuff. You really are a piece of shit aren't you.

Edit - this was relating to Bombers post claiming I had posted something I haven't. Not sure why the quotes haven't shown up in my reply.

Last edited:

Back