1995/96 Sunderland v Millwall - Div 1 (09/12/95)

Very special memories as my son was born 3 days before. Got him enrolled in the London Branch on the day he was born.

Mrs TVM (no pics) was bringing the baby home that day so I couldn't get to the game but got them home from hospital in time for the Saturday afternoon football scores.

So as other posters said, it was 2nd against 1st and we thrashed them 6-0.

Bought the video of that game and will try to watch the game again soon, probably when I'm back in UK for Christmas.

Was eight years old at the time, and apart from it being f***ing class, it stands out in my memory as being the only game I ever sat in The Clock Stand. Amazing. :cool:
There were a few Millwall sitting in the Clockstand, Roker end. We were sitting right in front of them (about 30 of them?).

Brilliant game, we absolutely destroyed them that day and ruined their season. I bought the video of the game that was released afterwards called "The Lion-tamers" but it has the worst commentator on it you've ever heard.

Yes, even worse than Jonathan Pearce.

Very special memories as my son was born 3 days before. Got him enrolled in the London Branch on the day he was born.

Mrs TVM (no pics) was bringing the baby home that day so I couldn't get to the game but got them home from hospital in time for the Saturday afternoon football scores.

So as other posters said, it was 2nd against 1st and we thrashed them 6-0.

Bought the video of that game and will try to watch the game again soon, probably when I'm back in UK for Christmas.

IIRC it was the London branch Chistmas party the next day (in Swiss Coattage?) and the grown-ups left poor Santa to look after the kids whilst we watched a video of the match.

Back